Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Purple Z's are still out there!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 PM

Purple Z's are still out there!!

I saw this BPM Z28 on Woodward tonight.... They are still out there! This one is a 1997 hardtop with 26,000 miles!! The picture is kind of fuzzy---- probably because I was so excited!!
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/pic...&pictureid=998
Old 08-10-2009, 10:40 PM

HOLY SH$T! My friend David told me about that car! He saw it on Woodward himself and was hoping to encounter it again to take some pics for me! Holy crap! Are you sure it's a Z28?! Did it have dual exhaust or a single brown straw?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:48 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by Brangeta
HOLY SH$T! My friend David told me about that car! He saw it on Woodward himself and was hoping to encounter it again to take some pics for me! Holy crap! Are you sure it's a Z28?! Did it have dual exhaust or a single brown straw?

Brandon - It is a Z28 and had the dual exhaust. He is the second owner and has the original rims and tires that came with the car. Same ones as in the picture just gray. It has cloth seats and power windows & locks.

I stopped and talked to him last night on Woodward after purplezgirl told me where he was parked.

I mentioned to him that you would like to get some nice pictures of his camaro. He said ok he just needs to get his center caps on and wash it.

If there is a 3rd owner I know who it will be and they will take really good care of it.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:52 AM

Awesome! I'd love pics as it's gorgeous! Tell him to leave the chrome wheels on it! They look like the stock wheels for that year, whether or not his RPO codes support them or not!

Gorgeous.

If I can't find one closer to me, I may want it someday. Unfortunately that day is not today. A few years in the future is when I'll be seriously looking. I will need to be able to garage it and be able to support owning two cars of my own.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:22 AM

nice pic. im leavin for woodward tom. ill keep my eye open 4 the purple one and try and get some pics 2. maybe ill see some of yall out there. ill be in my 95 z28, white w/black racin stripes that fade into checker design, kind of like the 02 ss 35th anniversary stripes.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 AM

I'd appreciate ANYONE and EVERYONE who has a good camera to take some high res pics for me in case someone else's camera doesn't take real good pics or has something wrong with it. I've been wanting high res pics of a purple Z28 for oh... I dunno... a decade?

Good shots too! None of that junk where you don't want to back up enough to get the entire car in the shot. Please don't cut off the nose or rear end in any of the shots, or I'm going to start calling you "my sister."

It'd be great if there weren't people in the shots, but that might be asking too much. Ideally: no people in the shots.

Sample angles I'd love to have in high res:

Name:  271308_2_full.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  40.0 KB

Last edited by Brangeta; 08-11-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:01 PM

...continued... shots I want:
Name:  271308_3_full-1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  43.3 KB
Name:  271308_69_full.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  65.1 KB
Name:  271308_70_full.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  59.5 KB
^ no date stamps please, if possible

Please don't come back with photos like these where stuff is cut off, stuff is in the way, or unattractive angles unless you're wanting to kill me :
Name:  2831642_9_full.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  9e_3.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  83.6 KB

If anyone takes pics, PM me and I'll give you my email address that can accept high res pics (large attachments up to 16 MB per each email). Or even better, zip the photos in a folder and upload to rapidshare.com and PM me the link to the download. You can upload up to 100 mb in a single file and don't need an account there to do so. I'm excited now. A dream might come true.

Also, please don't correct them in Photoshop. I have photoshop and will be doing that myself. Whoever sends me the best pics I'll owe some help with production numbers for their car or something!

Last edited by Brangeta; 08-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 PM

One other thing! If for some reason the car has the hood open (I assume a car show is part of Woodward Dream Cruise), a few engine shots would be great, but please, please, please ask the owner if they will close the hood for some pics. It'd be so disappointing to have this happen and then nobody asks the owner if they can close the hood for some pics.

An interior shot or two would be ok, but not really necessary.

I'm going nuts here, forgive my excitement!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:47 PM

I've seen pics of a BPM 1997 Trans Am. that's gotta be really rare. the 98 was rare enough but i think they made less in 97
Old 08-11-2009, 03:02 PM

There were 883 Camaros in '97 made in the color and 481 in '98. For some reason, the '98s have been much easier to find in recent years.

Based on what could be considered a fact: Z28 owners (because a higher percentage of these owners are enthusiasts) take care of their cars better than V6 owners, and drive them less (I'd assume maybe 30% of Z28 owners don't use them as their daily driver), so it's possible fewer Z28s were made in '97 in this color than in '98, which is why I so rarely see them for sale.

There were 104 Z28s made in the color in '98 as far as I know. The number in '97 is unknown, but I would assume fewer than 200, but based on how rarely I see them for sale, the number could be much lower.

Last edited by Brangeta; 08-11-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:39 PM

hey now I take very good care of my V6 and no its not a DD, and there were only 100 BPM firebird-TA's total V6 and V8 for 98, I've never seen a 97 didn't even know it was and option that year.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:47 PM

I know you do, but you're a rare owner these days. Most V6 Camaros I see are driven into the ground and cared for about how I care for my garbage. For that matter, most V8 Camaros I see for sale are in terrible shape as well.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 PM

Here's some '97 and '98 BPM Firebirds. I don't know the production data, because I've never cared too much about them. '97s exist, you just never ever see them.

Name:  39_3-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  64.6 KB

If you want to get further into generalizations, I'd say that the Firebird/Formula/Trans Am owners TYPICALLY drive their cars less and take care of them better as well. Not sure why. Must be the higher price than Camaros. I seen some Ferrari and Viper owners with very low mileage mint Trans Ams, Firehawks, etc.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Yes, I am sure it was a Z!! I was all over it. The owner opened the hood, doors, everything for us. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I asked the guy if he would sell, he said not right now. I gave him my card in case he changed his mind!!! We saw it agian tonight on Woodward, but he was cruisin and not parked, so I couldn't get more pics. Hopefully I will see it agian this week, but the guy has 2 other cars and said that he wants to bring them out also.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by slpdave
Brandon - It is a Z28 and had the dual exhaust. He is the second owner and has the original rims and tires that came with the car. Same ones as in the picture just gray. It has cloth seats and power windows & locks.

I stopped and talked to him last night on Woodward after purplezgirl told me where he was parked.

I mentioned to him that you would like to get some nice pictures of his camaro. He said ok he just needs to get his center caps on and wash it.

If there is a 3rd owner I know who it will be and they will take really good care of it.
I know who the third owner would be too and it WOULD be taken care of!!!

Quick Reply: Purple Z's are still out there!!