Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

PRIMED SmoothLock Special! ** 50% off!! **

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

PRIMED SmoothLock Special! ** 50% off!! **

I used to sell SmoothLocks in plain black and also pre-primed versions for those who wanted to paint them to match their body color. After a few months, it was kind of a hassle to offer both, so I started only offering them in plain black leaving it up the the buyer to prime and paint them.

I just discovered a small amount of pre-primed Large versions that I didn't know I still had, and I want to blow them out!

So, here is the special...

Buy one pair of large primed SmoothLocks (the ones that fit the doors of 4th gen f-bodies) for only $10.00 shipped and I will throw in a primed small version (for the trunk) for FREE. This is 50% off a complete F-Body set. These will be ready to paint, just go to your local auto parts store and get your paint color in a spray can, no need to also buy a can of primer as well.

I don't have many of these, so I am limiting this special to those who are here only.

All you need to do is GO HERE:
http://www.cz28store.com/index.php?a...d&productId=11

While supplies last, first come first served, you know the deal.

Any questions? Just post or e-mail me.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:02 PM

Just a plug for the smoothlocks, they are a great small but noticable mod on the car, I would jump on them if I didnt have a set already!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:54 PM

Good deal, and good time to get some!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:12 PM

I need two sets but I dont have a paypal account. Can I send you a money order for $20.00? If so please send me your address and I'll get that out Monday morning.
Steve
Old 04-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by snakeatinZ
I need two sets but I dont have a paypal account. Can I send you a money order for $20.00? If so please send me your address and I'll get that out Monday morning.
Steve
Getting a PayPal account is pretty easy, really. Just need a credit card or a checking account.

But, I know that some don't like to use it so I will PM you my mailing info and set a couple of sets aside for you.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:07 PM

Oh man. I am an idiot.

I bought a complete set of these a year or two back and the drivers side came off a couple of months ago because my wifes mom had to drive my car home from work after I sawed a couple of digits of on a band saw, and she didn't know she could only use the key fob so she sat and pawed at the smoothlock with the key.

Anyway, I ordered a single replacement a week or two back, and assumed since the first ones were pre-primed that this one would be too.
Can I just strip the paint back off, prime it and paint it and be OK?

Anyway. Let this be a lesson. Don't allow anyone near your keys without them knowing a key fob is all they can use to get in.
And don't saw off your fingers.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Admin Emeritus

Question

So you bought one recently and didn't prime it but painted it? How is the paint holding up? Just curious. You can't really remove the paint without damaging it that I know of.

Let me ask you this...
I took a look at your past orders...do you have a complete set including a trunk version?

Sorry to hear about your fingers!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:44 AM

Dude. Weight reduction is one thing, but sawing off your fingers is just too much! Get da naws.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
So you bought one recently and didn't prime it but painted it? How is the paint holding up? Just curious. You can't really remove the paint without damaging it that I know of.

Let me ask you this...
I took a look at your past orders...do you have a complete set including a trunk version?

Sorry to hear about your fingers!
Yeah. Figured it was the same thing I had bought before. The paint seems OK, but it hasn't been on the car yet, still sitting (painted) in my "to do" area, inside the house.
Yes, I bought the complete set, but the wifes mother only scraped, and peeled off the drivers door one. I actually found that one after it had fallen off too, but it's so scraped it's probably not worth trying to fix. Then again, maybe I could try sanding that one down...

Meh. Anyway. No biggie.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Lower
Yes, I bought the complete set, but the wifes mother only scraped, and peeled off the drivers door one. I actually found that one after it had fallen off too, but it's so scraped it's probably not worth trying to fix. Then again, maybe I could try sanding that one down...
I'll send another one out to you, no charge. They are tough as nails, but I cannot extend that to the paint that someone covers them with.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:20 AM

Do you still have quite a few left?? I've been wanting some and this seems like the right time but can't order them till friday, think you'd still have a set??
Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 00ls100
Do you still have quite a few left?? I've been wanting some and this seems like the right time but can't order them till friday, think you'd still have a set??
If you are 100% sure you will take a set, I will hang onto a set for you until Friday. Not a problem!

I have about a dozen pre-primed sets left but once they are gone, they are gone for good and I will post here when they are. After that, I will be back to only offering regular black (not pre-primed but can be primed and painted by the buyer...and I have no shortage of those. )

Just wanted to clarify to all, this special price is for pre-primed versions only since I found a bunch of extras that I didn't know that I had. Regular black (what I always offer) is not part of this sale. If you want regular black, please order at http://www.smoothlock.com.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 AM

so, just curious, do these just go over the door-lock like snap-on style, or what?
I am definately interested in a set
Old 04-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by reamo04
so, just curious, do these just go over the door-lock like snap-on style, or what?
I am definately interested in a set
It is a simple concept but works well. All the info plus pics, Q&A and more is at http://www.smoothlock.com

What is a SmoothLock?
Since most of us use the keyless remote to unlock our cars, we hardly ever use our actual door key to unlock our door. So, the outside door lock pretty much gets unused. Why not dress it up a little bit and make it not look so out of place? Order a SmoothLock set!

* Made of incredibly tough PVC material that will dent and rebound instead of scratching.
* Highly UV resistant to avoid turning yellow in direct sunlight.
* Comes in a gloss black finish that requires no painting, but can be primed and painted to match your car at any time.
* Two sizes to choose from, depending on the sizes of your door locks.
* They cover the entire flat surface of your door locks using a very strong adhesive. Just clean your lock surface, peel the backing off and place them on your car!
* A very inexpensive alternative to shaving bodywork.
* Shipping is FREE to the lower 48 States!

If you ever need to use your door locks (if you lose your keyless remote, the battery dies, etc.), just carefully peel them back off your car again. To reapply, simply stick them back on with a bit of automotive trim adhesive if necessary.

This is a simple modification that smooths things out just enough to enhance the overall image of your car.
Hundreds of sets sold and comes with a satisfaction guarantee. Return it unused for a complete refund if you don't like them when you get them.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 AM

alright, running to the bank now

Quick Reply: PRIMED SmoothLock Special! ** 50% off!! **