Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

post pics of the front of your 93-97 formula

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 02:46 PM

post pics of the front of your 93-97 formula

Ok, I've worked in detail shops, and body shops. So I know that different colors, even slightly different, and different lighting will make 2 cars that are the exact same appear different. That having been said, I was looking @ pics of different formulas and even when taking the color and lighting scenario, it really appears that there are some different front bumper covers on some of the cars. I know that when u have the front lp bracket on the front it makes he car take on yet another appearance, one I personally don't care for. It is possible that some people used front covers from after market companies, oe parts fit better, but that's not always a driving factor. Also I notice that I have yet to find another 93-95 formula or firebird with the upraised phoenix on the front cover. I'm not saying they don't have it, just that I haven't been able to find one around here that does, other than mine. I know from having bought a new front cover that every company sells the firebird, and formula front cover as the exact same part. And perhaps it is that lighter and darker colors, different spacings in the fender gaps, and lighting, etc. Can have an impact on how a car looks. But I don't know for sure, is it possible that there are infact different front covers? Possibly subtle differences in different years? My formula is the dark metallic green with the peeling clear coat option lol, but it doesn't look simillar to lots of formulas that I've been able to compare it to. Angle of attack could also be it, but idk. I'm probably going crazy, was wondering when it would happen, but if I'm not the only one who is curious about this, or if anybody has anything they would care to pass along on this I'd appreciate it. The differences seem like they could also be attributed to using shims or modified brackets to give the nose a wider and blunter appearance, and angling it down some, slightly increased hood gaps would result but that's what it appears was done to mine, but the car was never wrecked, I'm the cars second owner, and did a carfax and all that when I bought it. The car actually spent the vast majority of it's first 10 yrs in england, was shipped there by the lawyer and his wife that had bought the car just 3 months b4 they moved. According to all the documentation they provided, and what I could find, the car was not involved in any collisions there, nor any body repairs, or paint work, but of course u can't really be absolutely sure. The car doesn't have anything that would suggest body work of any kind. So please post your pics of the front of your formula for comparison
Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Re: post pics of the front of your 93-97 formula

Wow.... gotta be a new site record for the longest paragraph ever.....

I've never noticed the differences you are describing, and I've had my car since it was new.

The Firebird on the front bumper was standard. Mine had it from the factory. It now has Brent Franker's insert:

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo...a/DCP04336.jpg

With license plate bracket, without Brent's decal:

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photos/210Full02a.jpg

From a lower angle:

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo...DCP04344wp.jpg

From a higher angle:

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo...e/FullView.jpg

Last edited by Injuneer; 01-15-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:00 PM

Hmm ok, so are there differences? Or is it a shim and color thing? Sorry for the length, a lot of things to go over. Lol
Old 01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Administrator

I already indicated, I have never noticed all the differences you seem to be seeing. The front of the Formula is no different that the front of the V6 cars.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:44 PM

Sorry lol, lots going on here, sorry I breezed over that part. So I guess it's just me. Thanx.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:26 AM

Yeah, all Firebirds looks exactly the same to me. Only different one is the Trans Am, which is obviously always the looker of the bunch (I'm not biased, lol). I parked next to a similar year bright red Firebird at my school and took some pics with my cell phone. I have to say, even though the Firebird was cleaner and in better shape, my T/A looked way sexier.

Oh, yeah. My T/A has the raised Firebird on the front bumper too.

Last edited by dodge69874; 01-16-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:56 AM

Well I've actually found what the issue is, according to a few body people I've found they claim that they actually do use some techniques to get different looks from the nose of the formula. One that they said they constantly use is they attach the panel to a mocked up front end in the HEAT ROOM, persuade the panel to a broader curve. Only upon customer request, and the angle the nose is attached. not always a case of bolts go here and pushpins line up in these holes. And yeah the TA is a better looking car when next to a high nose formula, but if u roll the nose forward and adjust the body gaps and it helps a lot. Idk
Old 01-16-2011, 02:45 AM

Yeah, the bumper on my ride needs some adjusting. Kind of fits weird in a couple of spots.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by brandons94lt1
Well I've actually found what the issue is, according to a few body people I've found they claim that they actually do use some techniques to get different looks from the nose of the formula. One that they said they constantly use is they attach the panel to a mocked up front end in the HEAT ROOM, persuade the panel to a broader curve. Only upon customer request, and the angle the nose is attached. not always a case of bolts go here and pushpins line up in these holes. And yeah the TA is a better looking car when next to a high nose formula, but if u roll the nose forward and adjust the body gaps and it helps a lot. Idk
Are you suggesting that the factory accepted "special orders" for aligned front bumpers on Formulas only, and used these techniques? I find that hard to believe.

The appearance varies based on the angle you are looking at it from, how well the headlghts retract, whether its been bumped, etc. Mine may look slightly different, because in the later photos the crash pad has been removed, and there is no replacement internal support. The gap is slightly larger, because that's the best we could do with the SLP hood.

Or maybe its just a cheesy PhotoChop.....

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo...ula/Smooth.jpg