Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Pics of my interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 09:00 PM

Pics of my interior

I painted some pieces silver, and also i did some LED lighting. I have aluminum guage overlays so i was experimenting with how to get a nice glow on them. The radio bezel was not really meant to turn out the way it did. I at first tried some of those LED spot lights you see in stores, after i thoguht it looked stupid i had some holes in the bezel so i decided to cut the entire grove out and i used a piece of glow tube cut in half to fill the gap, i have 6 LEDs behind that. I ground out maybe a 1/4 inch from the bezel to let the light shine down onto the overlay.

I know I'm going to get some people cry rice, but i like the way it turned out actually.

Pics http://www.mjsphotography.com/birdint/index.htm
Old 05-26-2004, 09:24 PM

Love the interior
Old 05-26-2004, 10:41 PM

That looks really classy to me. I plan on doing some of the same pieces silver to liven up the interior of my car here in a few weeks. Did you prep those pieces at all or just spray paint them silver? Like the lights too by the way.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:52 PM

Thanks for the good comments.

I did prep the pieces by sanding. i had a few deep scratches so i started with 60 grit and worked my way up. it doesn't have to be perfectly smooth like when working with wood. I then primed some peices, you really don't need to, but the primer really shows where you may need to sand again, or it will help smooth out your sanding job. I put a few coats of silver on, i wet sanded some of them, once i had a nice smooth surface, i then cleared them till i didn't feel like spraying anymore. I had troubles with the guage bezel, i'm not completely happy with it, mostly because my clear coat can was spitting. I may have the stuff painted when my car gets painted though.

I'm going to do the hard plastic cover on teh center console soon, but i was waiting till i can afford a new shifter ****. Take your time and it will turn out good.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:08 AM

very classy, nice job.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:19 AM

where did you get the LEDs? and how hard was it to wire them in?
Old 05-27-2004, 11:49 AM

Thats not rice. Trust me I have been in the Honda/Acura scene for years and I can spot rice from a blimp in a fog storm! That looks great! Your whole car is the shiznit!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:42 PM

If you believe thats Rice, then a Stock Honda is a Rice Crop! Thats FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from rice!!! Nicely done man, you just put the ideas that I wanted to do for my car to shame!! I'd like to use silver too but I don't think that goes well with tan... Keep up the good work!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:31 PM

SVT03, i did not paint them, they are aluminum overlays from MBA. I removed the original 12v lights, and ran my LEDs right off the open circuit.

z28marine, i bought the LEDs from http://superbrightleds.com/
They are very simple to wire, if you only want one, you wire one 470 ohm resistor in series with the LED.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:58 PM

Damn, I think that looks really nice man

Too bad you can't get the guages to glow blue to match everything else, because that's the only thing I see wrong.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:15 PM

looks damn good! How long did it take you to paint those pieces? Might get around to doing that this weekend if Im lucky!!

I agree with RS Dragster, change out the LEDs behind your gauges
Old 05-27-2004, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by coogsLS1
looks damn good! How long did it take you to paint those pieces? Might get around to doing that this weekend if Im lucky!!

I agree with RS Dragster, change out the LEDs behind your gauges
I don't know if it's as easy as LED's. I had my guages out once, I didn't see what was making it that color. It might just be white lights behind a orange/red lining.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:24 PM

yes there is a lining back there, not as simple as new bulbs. It can be done though, i'm probably going to get some reverse gloq guages though.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2004, 02:09 PM

they cost to much, but now that they are illuminated a little i like them. I wish MBA would just cut out the lighted areas so we could make better use of them
Old 05-28-2004, 04:05 PM

what was that illustration that was made by a member with the locations of the dash gauge lighting. He just switched out the LED lights and it changed the glow color. I could be wrong tho...

Quick Reply: Pics of my interior