Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Painting my Seats :P

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:38 AM

Painting my Seats :P

I am planning on painting my seats. i have the two-tone black/grey seats and am going to paint the grey part red. what should i use? do i have to worry about the paint wearing off onto my clothes? :P
Old 03-20-2005, 03:47 AM

Re: Painting my Seats :P

No but it probably will wear rather quickly off though. I had my leather seats airbrushed and it doesn't get sat in much (show car) but we are always reairbrushing it at least twice a year in a car that gets sat in maybe 12x a year. Just a thought from my experience.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:34 AM

From the same exact stanpoint where you stand - don't do it.
I had the same seats you have and everything.
I used the VHT spray dye which is supposed to be some pretty good stuff.
I followed another guy who had some pretty sucessful results directions exactly, and took extreme prep pains. After I got done, I Scotchguarded them good and all that jazz.

Well, within' about a month of regular use, the driver seat was wearing pretty bad, and passenger wasn't far behind. The rear seats looked great still.
It didn't stain my clothes, but it did wear off on them. It just turned into looking horrible more so than anything though.

a) Just stick with what you got.
b) Buy some original Flame Red interior.
c) Buy some other seats of your choice.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:16 AM

I'm going to do this to my 81, but that's because the interior is blue and I want the exterior black and I'm not planning on spending a lot of money on it. But if I were you, I'd just look around at some junk yards and see if they have any stock ones. www.tacreationsusa.com had a set a while back and were going to sell them to me pretty cheap because not many people want those. Heck, you may even come across someone with that interior that would trade you seats and door panels. Good luck with whatever you do, and if you do decide to go through with it, get some pics and let us see!
Old 03-22-2005, 04:11 PM

I think that i am inclined to agree with 94BlackBowtie on this one...i may just get me some good quality seat covers...or totally reupholster my interior...but that would be too expensive...especially since i have a new engine in the works..! WOO! Decent seat covers are what, about 50 bux a set? 100?