Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Paint: GFX color scheme

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:00 AM

Question Paint: GFX color scheme

All - I searched all over Brent Franker's 4th Gen appearance guide, and did not notice any Camaros with ground effects with different color schemes (maybe 1 or 2 with different paint, but not what I'm thinking).

I have a Wings West GFX kit. My car is arctic white with silver-pearl ghost flames.

The front fascia piece has two openings. I was thinking of painting these black (or maybe silver?). So, the front piece would be all white except for the 2 openings.

The rear piece also has an indented portion between the 2 exhaust pipes. I was thinking of painting this black (or maybe silver?). So, the rear piece would be all white except for the indented part of the rear skirt.

I was thinking of going with black since my car is all white/black (minus the flames).

What are peoples' thoughts? Has anyone ever seen this?

Chad - "WhiteGhost"

Super old car domain site (hasn't been updated in over 4 years!)
Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 AM

i kicked this idea around a lot with my car though it is red, black doesnt seem to get a favorable response as a gdfx color. Personally i think it would look good, and if i wasnt selling my car i would do it myself. Just dont expect many people to notice that you have gdfx on the car. The main reason i would have been adding them was to hide my true dual exhuast and headers. And if i chose this method i also woudlnt paint just the gdfx black, i would go one inch onto the body itself so it doesnt look like you just stuck em on after you bought them. anyways if you go through with this i definately want pics!
*Cough* err ignore everything i just said, i think those small touches painted in black would look really good. It word sort of have a CETA feel to it (or whatever that style TA is called with the black rear gdfx center.. bleh ive been away from these boards too long)

Last edited by RacingTiger04; 04-10-2007 at 11:21 AM.