Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Opinions on colour requested.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 10:03 PM

Opinions on colour requested.

This winter for reasons to long to explain I will be substantially disassembeling the car. I will be pulling the motor to get it "freshened".

I also have the oppotunity to get parts powder coated at no cost. As a result I'm trying to get some comments on what colour scheme I might look at, as something different, yet tasteful.

The car is a 97 T/A WS6. It is a black convertable. Currently I have chrome ZR1 wheels but there is a strong possibility that I will go with some 18 X 10 chrome ZO6 10 spoke whees. I also have a chrome 5 point roll bar. In addition I have smoke light covers on the foglights, turn indicators and rear panel.

Plans also call for a super subtle ghost flame job. I mean so subtle as to be almost invisible. Now you see them, now you don't. Probably going with a deep, dark magenta.

So basically there are two 'areas' for improvement, the engine bay, and the undercarriage and suspension.

I currently have Hotchkis trailing arms and panhard bar. I have to also get a Spohn Torque Arm over the winter. I have Kenny Brown SFC but they are not painted.

So lets talk engine bay. What basic colour theme should I go with. Black seems to bland. Red? Blue? What about a deep magenta if such a colour can be used for powder coating? Should I go with any colour plastic piping or just black. I USUALLY feel that the colour piping is too rice, but it CAN look good.

What parts in the engine bay? The intake manifold is a given. The alternator. The water pump. I guess the accessory bracket. I also have a blower so I guess the ATI blower mounting bracket and the intercooler pipe.

Anything else?

I also need to get the lower control arm and the LS1 brake spindals coated. The control arms are rusting from when they had to heat up the metal to get the old bushing out and one of the LS1 spindals was rusted badly.

What else? How about the gas tank. I have to pull that anyway. Howabout the steel drive shaft I have to get custom made?

What colour for the undercarriage. Just Black. Red? the same colour as the engine finish?

Brake Calipers. I have the LS1 brakes and I will have to grind the rear calipers to get the Pro Star wheels to fit. Chrome plated. Black? I'm leaning toward a black powdercoat.

The car is currently a daily driver and will be in the family for many years but I think it will be moving more to a race car, Sunday driver and take to the office on hot sunny days. I expect to continue to drag race and auto-x and I might start road racing as well.

Anyways. opinions and candid thoughts are welcome as well as any links to some appropriate websites.

Last edited by 97TA-WS6-Con; 09-16-2002 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:03 PM

How about spiral gray metallic? Very rare but extremely badass.

Last edited by JackZ.Twenty8; 09-16-2002 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:07 PM

If you can't get chrome for the engine bay, then I'd probably go with red or the magenta.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:26 PM

Disregard my previous post. I just assumed you were talking about the whole car.. Definitely go with chrome.. Nothing else compares to chrome.

Last edited by JackZ.Twenty8; 09-16-2002 at 02:29 PM.