Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

new tint (did I make a booboo?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:59 PM

new tint (did I make a booboo?)

So, I got my camaro tinted today, and the guy at the tint shop showed me that my power window guides are broken and are going to ruin my tint if I roll my windows down.

so, I'm getting new rails on monday and thats going to be over and done with after I take off my panel and install them, no biggie there.

But, when I got home I noticed there were some bubbles in the bottom left hand corner of my window, and me, being the ****-retentive person I am.. I started to try and slide the bubbles over to the edge to try and get rid of them.

and in retrospect I'm starting to wonder if I ****ed my tint up?

I know that it needs to fully set and dry for like 3-5 days and I'm sure tomorrow I'll have tons of bubbles in it because it needs to bake in the sun and get climatized..

but I'm wondering.. did I mess my tint up by trying to press the bubbles out? because right now they are all back in the bottom corner pocket where they originally were, but... I think I might have actually stretched the tinting film somehow?

I have a lifetime warranty on my tint, but I don't want to have to get it redone immediately after I just had it put on.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:43 PM

If the bubbles are still there after the set time, I'd take it back to the shop and have them either fix it, or re-do it.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:43 PM

Im hoping they are going to go away.

so you dont think I stretched the film out by trying to pressure them out?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by plusandrew
Im hoping they are going to go away.

so you dont think I stretched the film out by trying to pressure them out?
Nah, I don't think you stretched it. I'm no professional, but that tint should have been really stuck to that window. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't slide or stretch.
I had to take my tint off my Camaro because of tint laws, (stupid New Jersey) and that took a razor blade and goo-gone. Unless it wasn't set at all, I don't think it would've moved.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:52 PM

alright cool, I'm feeling alot better now =]
Old 04-07-2007, 11:18 PM

Yea you should be fine. For the record once the tint is actually on the window your time to push the bubbles out is over. Your best bet is to take a razor blade and make a small slice and push the air out that way. But dont mess with it! Let the shop do what they need to do if they're still there.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:43 PM

DO NOT USE RAZOR BLADE TO GET BUBBLES OUT! I REPEAT DO NOT DO THAT! BAD IDEA....
ok I had my windows tinted once they did a ****ty job... So i learned how to do it, never use a razor blade to get those out. A: voids the warranty, B: that will ruin the tint and cause worse problems.

Normally once it sets you wont have any problems, the main problem area's are on the dot matrix which the lower corner of your window doesnt have that, so you wont have that issue. Give it till monday if they dont settle down take it back and have the pro fix it.