Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

NEW style of groundeffects??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 01:16 AM

Post NEW style of groundeffects??

I may be mistaken, but I have never seen these groundeffect for a Camaro before...Either way, I think they look GREAT, and may just have to get a set SOON!! $675 isn't too too bad for something not too many people have, I don't think. The kit even comes with an optional roadster style wing, for an additioanl $100. Anyone else ever seen these or have them??

FRONT VIEW:
http://dealershipdesigns.com/camaro2.jpg

SIDE VIEW:
http://dealershipdesigns.com/camaro.jpg

ACTUAL SITE:
http://dealershipdesigns.com/camaro.html
Old 09-11-2002, 01:49 AM

the front end looks familiar, but I'm not sure from where. But the side skirts kinda remind of Firebird side flares, but that's just my opinion

------------------
1997 Camaro Z-28 SS #0728

Flowmaster, Hooker Header tips, BMR strut tower brace, lower control arm and relocation bracket, Optima Yellow Top battery, Granatelli lowering springs, KYB AGX shocks, Lakewood panhard rod, Bear bump steer, 17 x 9.5 Z06 rims

Audio/Video:
Head Unit ----- Pioneer AVX-P7000CD
Master Unit --- Pioneer AVM-P9000R
DVD Player ---- Pioneer XDV-P9

Front --- Focal Polykevlar 165K2 w/ TN-51 tweeters
Rear ---- Focal Polykevlar 165K2
Sub ----- Lightning Audio 10.2.4
Amp ----- Phoenix Gold XS6600

My SS homepage
CAR AUDIO PLANET
Georgia F-Body Association
Old 09-11-2002, 08:53 AM

Yeah, the side looks like trans am flares to me too, and the front end looks like its been done before.

------------------
Fully stock 1999 Camaro Z28. I plan to start mods soon.
"99 The Z"
Old 09-11-2002, 09:27 AM

weee those are Fugly INO.....but nice find. Never seen them before. I dont like how the sides go in up so much in the middle. They make the camaro look like a firebird.

NOW....About the spoiler, that looks good!!! I wanna see more pics! it looks like a bird spoiler as well

------------------
~99 Anniversary WS6 M6 #1133~
White with Blue Stripes/Rims
White Leather - T tops
3" Flowmaster cat back
10K Miles <A HREF="http://projectrs.homestead.com/ws6.html" TARGET=_blank>
http://projectrs.homestead.com/ws6.html</A>

~95 3.4 White Camaro~
Wings West GFX
High Rise Wing and more!
SOLD on 4-16-02
http://projectrs.homestead.com

97 Grand AM GT ---&gt;New daily driver

88 LeMans My POS
Old 09-11-2002, 10:25 AM

Thumbs up

Actually, as ground effects go, those are pretty nice. This coming from someone who absolutely hates the way 99.9% of GFX packages look on Camaros.

------------------
'94 Purple Pearl Z28 A4-&gt;M6, 3.42's, SLP Dual/Dual cat-back, SLP CAI, SLP LCA's & Panhard Bar, Accel 9000's, LT1-Edit, LT4KM, 160° Thermo, 17x9 SSR Integrals, BMR STB, LS1 D/S, SLP Y-pipe, Carsound Hi-flo Cat., MacEwen White-faced Gauges, Lou's short stick

"Are people more violently opposed to fur rather than leather because it's much easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs?"
Old 09-11-2002, 01:16 PM

To me, nothing about the kit flows. It looks like more of an after thought than a planned idea...I don't like it.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:09 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CARGASM:
To me, nothing about the kit flows. It looks like more of an after thought than a planned idea...I don't like it.</font>
Really? I think it looks fluid and good. I REALLY like the front bumper and the sides are good too, like others have said they look a lot like Firebird groundeffects, and I think they work on the Camaro too. The back...I'm not sure...In the pick on there it looks like the groundeffects are too low and make the exhaust have to be angled, and that is just UGLY. But I'm thinking that's just how they have the exhaust on the car in the pic. That wouldn't make sense to make a kit that forces you to reposition your exhaust in a really unordinary fashion. Overall though, I really like them!
Old 09-11-2002, 04:19 PM

Talking

There is someone on the board that has them on a white Camaro with a custom hood and a RkSport Roadster Wing. A pretty rare combo.. I'll try and find his homepage.

Here are the photos:

http://photos.yahoo.com/benc1997rs

------------------
~Black 95 Z A4 Convert~
View My Modlist
P t ' s w e b p a g e

[This message has been edited by pu12en12g (edited September 11, 2002).]
Old 09-11-2002, 05:56 PM

wow, what kind of hood is that on the v6? I donno if i like it. It looks like a scoop from summit racing glued on the stock hood

------------------
~99 Anniversary WS6 M6 #1133~
White with Blue Stripes/Rims
White Leather - T tops
3" Flowmaster cat back
10K Miles <A HREF="http://projectrs.homestead.com/ws6.html" TARGET=_blank>
http://projectrs.homestead.com/ws6.html</A>

~95 3.4 White Camaro~
Wings West GFX
High Rise Wing and more!
SOLD on 4-16-02
http://projectrs.homestead.com

97 Grand AM GT ---&gt;New daily driver

88 LeMans My POS
Old 09-11-2002, 06:08 PM

That spoiler looks like it came off of my TA convertible. Sort of..
Old 09-11-2002, 07:47 PM

I sold my WW kit and bought that kit for $800(675+125ship). I have now spent over 10 grand on my car I'll post some pics someday when I get the custom paint job I want, heh. My car project has been put on hold since I just got screwed for $1500 bucks on some Z06 rims.

------------------
94 Z28 Patriot Red T-Tops A4
Appearence: Ram Air II Hood, G2 Spoiler, DD Custom GFX, DGM Quad Fogs, Front and Rear Blackouts, Shaved Antenna, Shaved Front Emblem, Silver Z28 Emblems, Silver CAMARO Fill-Ins, Clear Corners, Sequential Turn Signals, Hyperwhite Bulbs, Tint-20% Side, 5% Rear
Performance:CC305 Cam, Jet Hot SLP 1 3/4 Headers w/ Custom Y Pipe, Flowmaster Catback w/ Slashcut Tips, K&N FIPK, K&N Breather, Granatelli MAF, 1LE Elbow, TB Bypass, Hypertech 160* Stat, NGK-TR6 Plugs, Taylor Wires w/ MFY Looms, MSD-6AL, 1LE Tranny Mount, B&M Tranny Cooler, GM Deep Tranny Pan, Trans Go Shift Kit, 1LE Driveshaft, 3.42 gears and a NX wet kit with ALL the goodies.
Interior:White Faced Indiglo Guages, Dual Guage Pod w/ Nitrous and Fuel Pressure Gauges, Custom Painted Silver Trim, Silver/Carbon Fiber Pedals, Silver/Carbon Fiber ****
Audio: Pioneer AVX-P7000CD 7 In TV/CD, Pioneer AVM-P9000R Master Unit, Pioneer GEX-P7000 TV Tuner, Pioneer XDV-P9 6 Disc DVD Changer Fosgate Speakers: 2-6.5 Fanatic Q Components (Front), 2-6.5 Coax (Rear), 2-12 HX-2 Subs in custom box Fosgate Amps: 1000w (subs) & 600w (speakers) 2 12's are now SOLD looking to buy a stealthbox.
Recently bougt some 18" Chrome Z06 rims & tires off ebay and they never showed up &gt;
Someday: Stroker, Stall & a 12 bolt!
Old 09-12-2002, 06:25 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bigdreamZ:
I sold my WW kit and bought that kit for $800(675+125ship). I have now spent over 10 grand on my car I'll post some pics someday when I get the custom paint job I want, heh. My car project has been put on hold since I just got screwed for $1500 bucks on some Z06 rims.

</font>
So how was the fit of the kit, installation, and quality?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:21 AM

LG Motorsports has a similar front spoiler with their ground effects package, but the front opening is larger.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pu12en12g:
There is someone on the board that has them on a white Camaro with a custom hood and a RkSport Roadster Wing. A pretty rare combo.. I'll try and find his homepage.
</font>
That is not the same kit. That white car has the factory RS front spoiler. The sides look the same, though.

-Chris

[This message has been edited by Chrisbequick (edited September 12, 2002).]
Old 09-12-2002, 01:32 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stockfornow:
So how was the fit of the kit, installation, and quality?</font>
Im not going to put it on until I have money for a paint job. I opened the box and just kind of test fitted it though and it seems to fit good plus the quality looks to be good. So hopefully installation will be smooth and painless, unlike other fiberglass pieces I have put on my car, hehe.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:39 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ProjectRS:
wow, what kind of hood is that on the v6? I donno if i like it. It looks like a scoop from summit racing glued on the stock hood
</font>
Yeah that's what it is...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chrisbequick:
LG Motorsports has a similar front spoiler with their ground effects package, but the front opening is larger.</font>
Actually, Look closer the LG kit is totally different. Look at the bottom of the kit...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> That is not the same kit. That white car has the factory RS front spoiler. The sides look the same, though.
-Chris
</font>
Yeah, I thought that would be obvious so I didn't point that out.

------------------
"Anyone can race, but only the chosen few can look and sound good doing it"
~Black 95 Z A4 Convert~
View My Modlist
P t ' s w e b p a g e

Quick Reply: NEW style of groundeffects??