Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Need some opinions on change to back end

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 PM

Ive had the idea of painting the panel between the tail light black and switching to lt1 style tail lights for quite a while now, but i decided to finally do it. i picked up a new panel and tail lights from a junkyard, and went ahead and filled in the CAMARO lettering on the panel with bondo. However, after test fitting them on, im not so sure if i like it. What do you guys think? keep in mind that the paint on the panel isnt really done (needs more clear coat, then a good polish), and the plan would be to lightly smoke the red part of the tail lights.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 AM

Re: Need some opinions on change to back end

Ive been thinking bout doing the same thing to my rear panel. I have always liked the lt1 tail lights better. They seem to flow better with the rear panel.

I think your panel looks good, but I prob would have went with a color that better compliments the rest of the car.

What I'm thinking about doing to mine is either( my car is the dark metallic green), paint the panel copper and leave the letters green or leave the panel green and paint the letters copper. Personally I like the letters. Im repainting my car this summer. It will be the same color green I have now but with copper metallic in it instead of the silver metallic.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 PM

i like the logo delete. at this point, im thinking i might paint the panel either a dark grey metallic (*very* metallic), which will at some point be applied to the sail panel (paint has a couple of bubbles in it, so itll likely get painted in a year or two), new wheels when i get them (likely next year), and hockey stick stripes. that, or color match it to the car, and just be happy with the logo delete, which i love, and lt1 tail lights. idk.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 PM

I think it looks great! Good job
Old 03-15-2013, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by jloshotz
I think it looks great! Good job
thanks! i didnt like it at first, while a lot of people seem to think it looks good. im starting to think that the reason i dont like it is just the rather flat looking color. ill order some hockey stick stripes, then find a paint that somewhat matches them and go with that. smoking the red part of the lights should help blend it into the car too.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 AM

Looks great!

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com
Old 03-15-2013, 06:13 AM

I went from LT to LS lights, and bought a spare panel to play with as well. I didn't care for mine at first, but it grew on me. Looks best on a silver or white car IMO, but the way we've done it, also completely reversible ya know?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 PM

yours looks good! im thinking the hockey stick stripes should help tie it into the car though, since theyll go to within a few inches of the panel. mine just sticks out right now. gotta love the flexibility that having the two separate panels gives you though. i can switch in something like 10 minutes if i dont worry about putting some of the interior back in place, and probably 30 mins tops if i do.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:37 PM

Thanks! And I agree, I think the stripes would tie it in very well, can't wait to see it