Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Need some ideas for new paint scheme

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 01:25 AM

Post Need some ideas for new paint scheme

I've got a 93 bright aqua T/A currently with silver racing stripes. Link below for pic

http://home.mindspring.com/~w0442/_uimages/P7010023.JPG

I've needed to get the paint redone for some time now but haven't been able to decide on a scheme. I know that I'm done with the stripes (had them over 5 years now) not to mention that they were never clear coated so they're faded and getting chalky. Right now as it sits I've also got a black fender and front fascia due to a run in with one of Bob's Barricades a while back. I have an idea of what I want to do but I'm stuck on how to bring it all together without getting gawdy or looking like an 80's paint job.

Here's my idea...I would like to minimize the possibility of chips and bug spots showing up (damn ladybugs and road construction in Florida) and at the same time I want to keep the silver/bright aqua scheme. I figure it would look sweet if the front end were silver(incorporating the aqua in the hood scoop area) and the rear still bright aqua. My problem is that I can't seem to find a way to go from the silver to green down the car. I don't like fades or hard lines and I don't want too much detail. My only possibility that I can think of is to taper the silver into flames somehow (maybe tip the silver flames in orange??). I'm iffy on flames though as I don't think the fad will last long and I will be outdated in no time. So, I'm looking for an original idea with a modern kick to it.

I'd love to hear any ideas out there and if someone can come up with something I can gaurantee you a small plate on the car with a "Paint Designed By: Joe Schmoe" and a poster of the car for you to have when it's done. My only requests are that silver and green be the main colors with the silver in the front.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:29 AM

Here's a pic of how it looked right after the stripes were done.

http://home.mindspring.com/~w0442/_u.../my6_tnail.jpg

Just incase anyone catches on to something that's not right in the pics I'll let you know that it used to be a 3.4L v6 car. Now the home of a 93Z drivetrain.
Old 09-08-2002, 03:58 PM

Talking

In my opinion, plain Aqua (no stripes), with just silver decals and accents, or maybe silver accents on your hood scoop, would be far better than a flame job. You have a good thing going with the silver/aqua scheme.

Flame jobs / ghost flames are getting to be pretty common.

------------------
~Black 95 Z A4 Convert~
View My Modlist
P t ' s w e b p a g e
Old 09-09-2002, 10:55 AM

I agree on the flames...plus one of the guys in our local club has an SS with an immaculate flame job and I'm not one to go copying someone elses ideas. I have considered going back to all aqua but I also agree that there would have to be more silver accents on the hood. I'm not really one for stickers but I think that if I found the right Pontiac or Firbird sticker I may use them at the bottom of the front fenders just in front of the doors. decisions, decisions, decisions...