Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Need help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 06:18 AM

Need help Please

Okay, I have a 95 camaro with groundeffects and yesterday I had another flat tire, which is three in two years. Well it is a pain in the ace to fix it because you can not get a jack under the car My question is I also have a camaro ss that I would love to put groundeffects, but I am wondering if their is a way to fix the tire w/o stressing, plus fix a flat stuff says not to use on z-rated tires, what do I do Thanks.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:33 AM

they make a really thin light weight racing jack you could keep in your car....i think its thin enough to fit under ground effects
Old 08-07-2003, 09:51 AM

The jack that came w/ the car fits fine under my g/fx. I've used it many a time.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:08 AM

The jack that comes with the car will not damage the groundeffects? The jack for my car begins to press up on the bottom and so I am afraid of damaging the plastic. Is there a better way to position the jack?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:34 PM

Where are you positioning the jack?

On the front I place it so it picks up on that plastic box behind where it says "do not jack here".
I never used it to pick the car up towards the rear but if you placed it so it would pick it up by the subframe I wouldn't think it would hit.
BTW, I have even used a regular two ton jack to pick up the car and it doesn't hit the g/fx. Although you have to have someone lift up on the fender to get it to fit under the car.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:01 PM

I hear ya on this one... i got my car lowered and its a pain because i can not get a 2-ton jack under it far enough to jack something sturdy, so what i usually do is put down a few boards, maybe like a 2x8 or 2x10 , maybe stack em 1, in front then 2 right behing it to give the ramp effect, and just drive up on em.... its the only way i can figure to do this simply, just make sure the boards arent too long, cuase when u spend a while gettin the car on boards, then realize they will interfere with the jacking area, its not real fun to have to play with.... and this way i can get a 2-ton under my car and not have to use the ****ty factory one...
Old 08-07-2003, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

The factory jack is about as "thin" as they come. I can get a factory jack under my car with Wings West ground effects and about a 2" drop... My car is about as low as they come!

It is a pain to jack up though and work on. I solved my problem by purchasing a drive on lift with 4' approach ramps. Once the car is up in the air a bit, I have special jack trays then lift the car off the lift... much easier
Old 08-11-2003, 12:56 PM

FYI, the fix-a-flat will still work in your Z-rated tires. It's just a liability issue, the tires are rate at 149+mph but the fix-a-flat is not. They don't want you suing them!