Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Need door seal diagram (with part numbers) for 97 SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Need door seal diagram (with part numbers) for 97 SS

I haven't had much luck using the search engine here to find what I'm looking for so I started this thread to ask for help.

I have a couple of rubber pieces on my 97 Camaro SS driver door that need to be replaced. I'm looking for the a diagram with the part numbers so I can verify that I'll be ordering the correct parts. I need the rubber/felt window sweep between the outer door and the glass and the seal between the glass and the roof. Both are on the driver side.

The door and glass are not beat up, but it looks like someone sliced the rubber intentionally. Maybe in an attempt to break in to the car? It was that way when I got the car so I can't say for sure. I just want to get it fixed ASAP to keep the water out of the door. The upper seal looks like it may just be cosmetic. The cut in the rubber is only about 1" long and doesn't seem to any allow water in. The window sweep however is split wide open about 3/4 of it's legnth. It's still attached at both ends but the center is completely apart legnthwise.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 PM

Re: Need door seal diagram (with part numbers) for 97 SS

Download the file I linked to here, it should help. The file's huge, but you'll find the part number in there somewhere.
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=800488
Old 03-16-2011, 06:18 AM

Re: Need door seal diagram (with part numbers) for 97 SS

I appreciate the link.

My internet went screwy on me yesterday so I'll have to wait till I get it back up before I can try to download that pdf file. I'm having to type this reply on my phone. I don't do well with tiny keyboards. LOL!