Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

my project, 98 z8 m6

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 PM

my project, 98 z8 m6

hi all,

my name is ivar, from iceland.

wanted to show you few pics of my camaro.

its a 98 z28 m6, purchased it back in 2006 w/31k miles from a 50+ guy that have had it since 99.

it spun a bearing after few weeks, and then i took it off the road and it has bin in the garege since. and is driven 33k miles today. i done quite a lot to it since i stored it,

i builded a new motor ground up, 99+ style block, upgraded internals, H/C/I and nitrous kit, (90mm plate kit wet) knock sensor modd, full fuel system including racetronix kit, and alot of other things,
ls7 clutch
long tubes, ORY, loudmouth
3.73 diff,

vogtland springs.bilstein shocks,sponh sway bars, UMI subframe connectors,Umi control arms, Umi relocation brackets, UMI adj panhard bar,
Umi adj torque arm. umi chromoly strut bar, poly bushings in almost every place and more

rebuilt the rear end, HD bearings, new seals, 3.73 GM diff, everything sanblasted, epoxy primed and painted,,

everything new in the steering, pump,lines and rebuilt the steering rack, all brake lines and hoese in the rear new. new pads, seals, and a SLP line lock kit

repainted the whole car, custom black color, and a realy nice (and $$$) glasurit clear code, painted the undercarrige, painted the wheel arches,

removed all lists and emblems, shaved the rear panel, removed the front grill and shaved the wholes and removed the camaro badge, installed a oem SLP SS rear wing,

added few gauges in the B pillar, armor bord for the nitrous in the ashtray, installed bucket seats, and rigth now i am installing dark grey interior panels from a 99 T/A and the T/A doorpanels, so the car will be mono color inside,
also i have innovate wideband computer.

i started building this car as a hobby in 06, have not used it since, not that i have bin working constantly on it, its more of a hobby. almost every part i purchased and installed is brand new, and i've also replaced parts that was nothing wrong with,
i must admit i really want to finally use it this summer, it really not the same car anymore, i would say that it is almost in a new car condition,

best regards!
ivar reykjavík iceland.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 PM

Re: my project, 98 z8 m6

Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 PM

Re: my project, 98 z8 m6