Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Lambo Doors on a 98 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:47 PM

Lambo Doors on a 98 Camaro

well i know that everyone hates the lambo doors and make it look like a RICER so please dont post how much you hate them, but you can provide pictures to prove how the gap makes them look ugly to speak your mind. ive decided that i want to put them on for that fact that then i dont hit so many cars with the wide door radius. but if anyone else has put them on there camaro or have pictures where the doors are closed and i can see the gap please share them so i can know what im in for or if it will change my mind.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Re: Lambo Doors on a 98 Camaro

the video quality is awful but its the only one i can find with the door down. the reason you CANT find a good pic wiith it doen is because it looks awful haha

[autostream]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=611&t ransactionid=1301317185-121541174&posted_by=vincerosas818_camaroz28.com[/autostream]

and you'll join the ranks with this guy... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUUR...eature=related

This guy did it without cutting into the mirror bevel BUT it doesnt look very good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxYB4azxmGI

idk its honestly up to you dude. it doesnt look very good when they are down. and unless you are going with a car show look, its not gonna do you much service. But hey, we're just a bunch of guys on a forum.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 AM

I don't know if it was you who made the topic a couple of months ago that I responded to, but if you're going to do this, I think you need to rework the front fenders to not have the mirror stalks at all, and switch to Firebird mirrors if you want it to look even remotely correct.

I searched my image folders, but I don't have any pics of what it looks like.

This guy did it without cutting into the mirror bevel BUT it doesnt look very good.
If you look closely, he did cut some of the stalk.

Last edited by Brangeta; 03-28-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I searched my image folders, but I don't have any pics of what it looks like.
haha because no one wants you to see what it looks like when the door is down and closed
Old 03-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by vincerosas818
the video quality is awful but its the only one i can find with the door down. the reason you CANT find a good pic wiith it doen is because it looks awful haha

[autostream]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=611&t ransactionid=1301317185-121541174&posted_by=vincerosas818_camaroz28.com[/autostream]

and you'll join the ranks with this guy... lol

[autostream]http://autostream.com/camaroz28/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=614&t ransactionid=1301327758-12815716013&posted_by=Z28SORR_camaroz28.com[/autostream]

idk its honestly up to you dude. it doesnt look very good when they are down. and unless you are going with a car show look, its not gonna do you much service. But hey, we're just a bunch of guys on a forum.

Problem with the 3rd vid. is that the guy has to open the door fully in the normal mode before it can be raised, which defeats the whole purpose of having them.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 PM

the money you would pay for this (lame-bo) doors lol look at all the other mods you could do. I mean if you did everything there was to do to your car I could maybe see it but theres better things you can do IMO

good luck tho bro...
Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 PM

hell why not shave off your door handles and do pop open doors with remote.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:03 PM

yeah you could do a ton with the 1200 bones you'd be droppin on a GOOD kit.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 PM

like i said id rather not hear all the complaints and i already have shaved door handles with poppers and i already have the cheaper mods i can do to my car other than tail lights and head lights
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 PM

I have the same damn problem, and have had the same thought. I HATE it when people don't seem to realize how big our doors are and park 3 in from the drivers side. I wonder if suicides would make it easier to get in and out in these situations?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 PM

you could park away from others? ive never had a problem with someone parking too close. and i live in florida haha some of the worst drivers around are here.

We're not complaining, there just really isn't anything good to say about putting lambo doors on a 4th gen. :/
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 PM

thank you papagoose im glad im not the only one that has the problem with people parking to close to me. I was also thinking if i got a removable steering wheel if that would solve my problem of having to open my door open so wide are there any brands that you guys would suggest?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 PM

I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally, I don't like lambo doors because they just simply don't look good on Camaros when they are half-assed. If you modified the fender to look proper (stalkless), put different mirrors on the car (or add onto the stock ones), and shaved the portion off the door that sticks out (underneath mirror) I think it'd be a great modification. A lot of work.

Getting out of the cars IS a major issue, and people do park way too close to us for some reason. What would really be a great solution is if there was a way that you could set the windows to roll down automatically when you unlock the car, and roll up when you lock it with the key fob. That way you wouldn't have the window hitting you in the back as you try to squeeze out, and the windows would automatically roll up when you lock the car.

Of course... that would probably require window motors that were reliable, and apparently reliable window motors for 4th gens is just an engineering feat the aftermarket can't accomplish.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 PM

cheap easy solution. park as far away from anyone as possible. park in the back of parking lots and walk. you'll get a nice exercise and it's less likely your car will get hit by someone that doesn't care.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally, I don't like lambo doors because they just simply don't look good on Camaros when they are half-assed. If you modified the fender to look proper (stalkless), put different mirrors on the car (or add onto the stock ones), and shaved the portion off the door that sticks out (underneath mirror) I think it'd be a great modification. A lot of work.

Getting out of the cars IS a major issue, and people do park way too close to us for some reason. What would really be a great solution is if there was a way that you could set the windows to roll down automatically when you unlock the car, and roll up when you lock it with the key fob. That way you wouldn't have the window hitting you in the back as you try to squeeze out, and the windows would automatically roll up when you lock the car.

Of course... that would probably require window motors that were reliable, and apparently reliable window motors for 4th gens is just an engineering feat the aftermarket can't accomplish.
LMAO @the window hitting you in the back while tryin to squeeze out... It really takes away from the "cool factor" when you have to squeeze out of ANY car. I'm pretty sure this had been brought up before but if so here it is again. http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/

Quick Reply: Lambo Doors on a 98 Camaro