Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Installion of reverse gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 10:23 AM

Reverse Glow Gauge Help!! Please!

Hi everyone igot my gauges a few days ago and i just needed to ask for some help on em they're the procarparts ones and it has the dimmer switch and such anyone can help me? thanks

Last edited by Tuitsui; 12-30-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:46 PM

Anyone help me ?
Old 12-30-2002, 07:39 PM

The gauges are not really that hard just take your time. There are only three wires to hook up. The black goes to the ground(metal surface) of course. The power(red or orange) wire connects to you parking light switch(the back of the switch you use to turn you lights on). Do not connect it to the dimmer switch beside the parking switch this will cause a short but you can tell which switch is witch when you install it. The other wire will connect to the transformer or something that came with the gauges. There is proably three or more plugs you can plug it into and you only need one(does not matter which one). The reason there is three or more plugs is because they use the same transformer for every style of gauge(camaro, mustang, civic, ranger) and the imports gauges are not connected like ours and they put in three different pieces where ours is all one piece. You proably have to take some needles off even if it says not to. If you dont have to thats great but you proably will. So use a regular eating fork to pop off the needles. Only pop off the little needles or as few as possible to get the gauges on(the less the better) Before you pop off the needles write down on a piece of paper where the needles are so you can put them back on in the same place. Make sure to do this only RIGHT before you take the needles off so the gauges dont change to much. When you put them back on it may take a couple of times because the move once you put them back on. Leave the speed needle on at all cost. For some reason I took every needle off and now my speed is 5mph fast, which is proably a good thing so I dont speed so much. I hope this helps some. Check out my gauges. Site is in sig, have to cut and paste in address bar
Old 12-31-2002, 09:21 AM

Thanks man that eliminates the guess work