Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

indiglo gauge??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 11:13 AM

Cool indiglo gauge??

whats up everyone, just wondering if anyone has purchased any gauges like the ones here.. Indiglo Gauges

i am tempted to get them and see how they are but the price seems kind of cheap to me so i am not sure how the quality of them would be. has anyone dealt with that company too. and if u do have them do they look good and how was the install. thanks everyone. lata
Old 12-23-2002, 11:40 AM

Aircop: Yes, I do have those gauges in my Z right now, but I am going to switch them out for the reverse style in the spring b/c I like the reverse indiglos just a little bit better. The reason that they are so cheap now is because there are so many companys out there that make them now (procarparts, xenonxenon, and this guy). I didn't buy my gauges from this guy, but they look like, and I'm sure they are, the exact same. The install wasn't too bad at all. The only pain in the a$$ was taking apart the dash. . You can check out some pics on my page in the "Car section" of what these gauges look like. I know a lot of people have these gauges and are very happy. BTW, when I bought my gauges they nearly cost $60 cuz no one made them back then, now they are a great price! Good luck.

BTW, your car is amazing!!! I absolutely love it! It is by far one of the nicest Z's I have ever seen! The HREs are awesome!!!

Chad - "White Ghost"
Old 12-23-2002, 12:05 PM

Cool

thanks for your help and for the good words on my car chad. i appreciate it bro! i looked at your site and those gauges look sweet so i think i am gonna order them. your Z is so awesome man . very very sweet! your flame job looks amazing too! anyways thanks again for your help man!! lata
Old 12-23-2002, 08:46 PM

Check out my reverse gauges. I had gauges like the one you are thinking of getting but man they are bright and kind of get on your nervers after a while. The reverse are way better on the eyes and look better since they are darker colers and not baby blue. Yea the regular indiglo gauges are real cheap since everybody make them and reverse is the new thing
Old 12-24-2002, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by aircop40
your Z is so awesome man . very very sweet! your flame job looks amazing too! anyways thanks again for your help man!! lata
Thanks a lot aircop!! It means a lot coming from a guy with a car nicer than mine! Hopefully this spring I will be putting on a GFX kit - I think it would look killer with my setup! Good luck with future mods! Take care!

Chad - "White Ghost"
Old 12-24-2002, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by 94WhiteZ28
Aircop: Yes, I do have those gauges in my Z right now, but I am going to switch them out for the reverse style in the spring b/c I like the reverse indiglos just a little bit better. The reason that they are so cheap now is because there are so many companys out there that make them now (procarparts, xenonxenon, and this guy). I didn't buy my gauges from this guy, but they look like, and I'm sure they are, the exact same. The install wasn't too bad at all. The only pain in the a$$ was taking apart the dash. . You can check out some pics on my page in the "Car section" of what these gauges look like. I know a lot of people have these gauges and are very happy. BTW, when I bought my gauges they nearly cost $60 cuz no one made them back then, now they are a great price! Good luck.

BTW, your car is amazing!!! I absolutely love it! It is by far one of the nicest Z's I have ever seen! The HREs are awesome!!!

Chad - "White Ghost"
I'll take those gaues off your hands if you find some reverse indiglo's! Just let me know.
Old 12-24-2002, 05:32 PM

can someone tell me what the difference is between the indiglo guages and that reverse indiglo guages? also i have a 94 z with a 115 speedo. will those overlays work or do i need a whole new guage cluster to have the 150 speedo??
Old 12-24-2002, 05:41 PM

The difference between reverse and regular is that the reverse indiglo gauges just light up the letters while regular indiglo gagues light up everything.

Here is reverse indiglo gauges with a halo around the needle
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1875381121

Here is regular indiglo
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...875092319&rd=1

Some of the older reverse indiglo gauges dont have the halo around the needles. Also reverse indiglo gagues are darker in color like navy blue, while regular indiglo gauges are baby blue. I had regular and now I have reverse and the reverse are much cleaner and nicer looking.

And no you can not put a 150 mph overlay over 115mph gauge pod. The best you could do is buy the v-6 120 mph overlay, but it will still be off but not to bad.

Last edited by 95Zdroptop; 12-24-2002 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:16 AM

Alrighty!

Originally posted by superal
I'll take those gaues off your hands if you find some reverse indiglo's! Just let me know.
Sounds good. I will let you know once I have them out of the car. I already have a set of reverse indiglos waiting for me in a box in my room! . The only bad thing is it won't be until the spring b/c my car is hibernating under a cover right now! Keep in touch through email. I noticed you lived in Rochester. Ever thing of joing our club - MN-Fbody Club? Take care.

Chad - "White Ghost"
Old 12-25-2002, 12:33 AM

Well the normal nonreverse gauges have a dimmer so I guess you could use that. I myself like the reverse versions though. But I'm getting sick and tired of seeing blue or green. Does anyone else here like the red gauges besides me?
Old 12-25-2002, 12:37 AM

This is a crappy pic but this is kind of like what I'm talking about.

Old 12-25-2002, 05:04 PM

Second thought, can you get reverse indiglo's without the halo and how much do reverse go for on ebay? If I can get some cheap reverse indiglo's, I wouldnt want 94whitez28's indiglo's. Cerwin Vega Fan...the pic you posted is stock gauges but with red bulbs in place of the stock white ones.
Old 12-27-2002, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by superal
Second thought, can you get reverse indiglo's without the halo and how much do reverse go for on ebay? If I can get some cheap reverse indiglo's, I wouldnt want 94whitez28's indiglo's. Cerwin Vega Fan...the pic you posted is stock gauges but with red bulbs in place of the stock white ones.
Like ghetto indiglo's.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:10 PM

Well yea, but they look real good if you buy the bulbs from macewen or another place with quality bulbs. It would be ghetto if you bought them from autozone and it'd look ghetto. I think people like the reverse because you don't have to mess with the stock bulbs and you change the gauge face color for a cheap price.