Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

I like to see Gen 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:07 PM

I like to see Gen 3

I like to see some of your Gen 3 cars and paint jobs I'm looking to get mine repainted and not really sure if I should go back to factory paint job.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:23 PM

Re: I like to see Gen 3

eeh.... yeah, the paint on my sucks still, or i'd send pics. lol.

Personal opinion though? depending upon what you want to spend, it's generally better to go with stock, especially if it's red, black, or a color people always want. Mine is "highschool girl's first car daddy bought her" metallic blue..... no one wants that color lol, so i'd gladly paint mine something else.

But.. The reason i say stock is because, unless you are doing a frame off resto, then wheel wells, under the hood, around the motor, the firewall, the dash, door jambs, and anywhere that isn't easy to get to will be the factory color still, and while some of those things can be painted with a small effort, you're going up in price for materials, and it's much harder to clean grease and crud off of some of those places, and it will bubble in no time, blah blah...

so, if it is red, and you paint it black, there will be a LOT of red on the car still, and that for some reason turns people off. if it is red, and you put a fresh coat of red on it, you're adding value to the car.

just my opinion.

but with that said, there are some really cool colors that i've seen on these cars, and i have one in mind for mine, but i'm not trying to give people ideas