Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

I bought from leatherseats.com today!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 04:21 PM

I bought from leatherseats.com today!

I ordered a brand new set of red and black leather from www.leatherseats.com today. I've been talking about this for awhile and with Christmas money I can now afford it. It should get here in 10-12 days max. I'll keep everyone updated on how its going and i'm going to take pictures of every step and make an install page. I don't think anyone has done there interior with this company yet so i'll be the first to try and see how they are. Their customer service was great for ordering, they even emailed me pictures of ideas that I had while I was talking to them, very cool! I'll keep everyone updated on the installation and i'll post pics asap.

Mark
Old 12-26-2002, 04:51 PM

how much were they?
Old 12-26-2002, 05:42 PM

were they just the seat covers or the full seats?????? Reason Why I am asking is my husband is looking for a set of seats for his camaro but he wants the newer 98-02 ss seats. & if its going to cost us $700 for complete seats through them I am willing to do it. Since we can get them two tone.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:19 PM

They are for full seat covers, front, rear and door panels. The prices are on their webpage, it was $679 for 2 tone leather and $25 dollar shipping. For your husband's car as long as the actual seats (the foam inside) are ok and just the covers are ripped these would be fine; you could actually do alot of custom stuff with them like colors or embrodiery (sp). Or.....if the foam in his seat is all ripped looked for an old set with the upolstery ripped for cheap and then get the custom covers. Call them up and see what they can do, I talked to a guy named Jermery (very helpful) or even better e-mail him your questions....jeremy@leatherseats.com. Tell him that the guy with the camaro convertible told you about him and it was from Camaroz28.com. He said they don't deal with many camaro's i said that I will post my experiences with them on the board so other members will have an idea about the company, plus if they see alot of intrest from camaroz28.com maybe they will become a promotor for the board . Good luck with what whatever you chose to do.

Mark
Old 12-26-2002, 06:50 PM

you got some pics?
Old 12-26-2002, 07:04 PM

Not yet, I just ordered today, I will post pictures as soon as I install them. I'm going to make an install guide too.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:00 PM

Re: I bought from leatherseats.com today!

Originally posted by Marky82
I ordered a brand new set of red and black leather from www.leatherseats.com today.
Very cool! I'm sure they are going to look awsome! Are you doing the install yourself? I thought about getting mine redone, but they were going to be more than I wanted to spend with install, especially from www.katzkin.com. Looks like you got a sweet deal on yours.

Originally posted by krazzycowgirl
Reason Why I am asking is my husband is looking for a set of seats for his camaro but he wants the newer 98-02 ss seats. & if its going to cost us $700 for complete seats through them I am willing to do it. Since we can get them two tone.
I got a set of Camaro leather seats off of ebay. Not just the covers, but the whole set up, including fronts, rears and complete door panels. I'm not sure if that's what you meant - the entire seats, or just the covers. They are going between $700 and $900. fparts seems to be the best eBay seller to get them from. I was looking for the 94-96 seat patterns and they had a nice set. I'm getting the whole thing for $800, shipped. I just have to bolt them in.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:24 PM

Re: Re: I bought from leatherseats.com today!

Originally posted by Ernster500
Very cool! I'm sure they are going to look awsome! Are you doing the install yourself? I thought about getting mine redone, but they were going to be more than I wanted to spend with install, especially from www.katzkin.com. Looks like you got a sweet deal on yours.

I got a set of Camaro leather seats off of ebay. Not just the covers, but the whole set up, including fronts, rears and complete door panels. I'm not sure if that's what you meant - the entire seats, or just the covers. They are going between $700 and $900. fparts seems to be the best eBay seller to get them from. I was looking for the 94-96 seat patterns and they had a nice set. I'm getting the whole thing for $800, shipped. I just have to bolt them in.
I was Talking Complete seats------ you know go out to the car & tear the ones that are in there out & replace them type. .

Hes looking for a set of 98-2002 SS or Trans am seats for his camaro Then maybe after words I will get him the seat covers for xmas or something later in the year.

I have to email These guys again with the interior colors of my pace car to see if they can do them. its either that or have a shop have them done $1300 for them.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: I bought from leatherseats.com today!

Here is an example of what fparts has right now on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1875720561

Not a bad "buy it now" price if you like the color!
Old 12-27-2002, 02:01 AM

let us know how they turn out!!

They sound sweet!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:58 AM

I think you're better off spending the 680$ for the brand new covers for your existing seats than a similar amount for used seats which will be used, undoubtably have some wear areas, and not have that "new leather" smell.
Old 12-27-2002, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by Whistler
I think you're better off spending the 680$ for the brand new covers for your existing seats than a similar amount for used seats which will be used, undoubtably have some wear areas, and not have that "new leather" smell.
I would tend to agree with you. The trade off for me though, is that I'm selling my seats to offset the cost. Total to me is going to be $500 for the seats I purchased. They are described as "perfect condition," and the pics I've seen look good...so hopefully it works out for me.

With my particular situation, I wouldn't have time to install the seat covers myself. With my luck, I would poke a hole through them or something just as stupid. I think the install was an additional $250, at least with the katzkin covers.

The nice thing about the new seats, like you mentioned, is the new smell, and even better is having the custom look of a two tone interior.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:13 PM

My car is a 93 and it ALWAYS wreaks of leather.

Anyways, I thought of ordering from them a while back but I'm not sure what it is they are selling.

Are they:

1) Selling you BRAND NEW seats that are 2-tone black and red.

2) Selling you a dye or some type of fabric that has to be stitched or applied over your stock Firebird seats.

It'd be great if it were the second, I want to have that Sparco color, but I like my leather and bucket seats that come stock.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:38 PM

They are brand new 2 tone leather, you can get single tone if you want
Old 12-27-2002, 04:38 PM

Do they look EXACTLY like stock Camaro/Firebird seats or are they that "boxier" looking seat you see on the homepage?

I want to keep my leather buckets, just want to change the color.

Quick Reply: I bought from leatherseats.com today!