Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

How to replace signal lights on a 98 camaro?

Old 01-17-2004, 09:38 PM

Question How to replace signal lights on a 98 camaro?

Okay, I am completely stumped and did a couple of searchs and could not find anything really. Maybe used the wrong terms, but how do you change the front signal bulb on a 98 Camaro? I have never had one go out before so I am completely lost. Any help is appreciated. I tried from on top but could not see anything Thanks!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:52 AM

To get to your turn signals you have to remove the headlight. Their is a 10mm screw that holds the headlight in place. After that the fun part begins you have to first move the headlight to the left because it is kind of latched in. Then you have to wiggle every which way w/o breaking your headlight to pull it out. Then you have access to the turn signal. It sounds more complicated at first, but I am not mechanically gifted at all and I was able to complete the task. Just be careful and pay attention to how you pull the light out so you can put in the same way. Good luck!!!
Old 01-18-2004, 01:42 PM

Thanks! I heard you could also access it by removing your air dam in the bottom to get to it. From what you remember, do you think it would work that way to go from the bottom? Thanks again!
Old 01-18-2004, 02:12 PM

I think I have heard of people going from underneath. I would go from the top because once the light is removed, it is cake from their. I had to replace mine a few months ago and many people on the board showed me the way. Trust me you can do it from the top and is not really that tricky at all. Just take a deep breath and go for it.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:37 PM

Take it from me DON'T go from the bottom on a LS1 style car I couldn't get the damned lense out of my friends car for 30 minutes and it got stuck!
It is so much easier go from the top.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:47 PM

Hmm...okay I guess I will remove the headlight and go from there. I was already about to take off the air dam. Just got back from Autozone buying the jack, stands, and rolling board for the floor for me to lay down lol. Guess I will try the headlight method. Do I have to readjust the headlight housing when I put it back on? Thanks for everybodies help.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:32 PM

I am not sure I understand what you mean by readjustment, but all you have to do is make sure everything lines up okay so it can latch back up.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:12 PM

Yeah I meant like readjusting the aiming. Didn't know how easy it was. I was looking at it all wrong. It has just one screw right next to adjustment screw, wrestled with the headlight to get it to the side, BAM! Instant access to the lights lol. Found out the person before me left an awesome flashlight and didn't seal it right There was mold in the caseing and some water. Dried it off with some toliet paper and was back in business. I think I am going to order some clear corners just to be on the safe side

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate it.

Last edited by nothingeined; 01-19-2004 at 03:46 PM.