Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

how difficult to remove front & rear fascias?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 09:54 AM

how difficult to remove front & rear fascias?

I need to have both front and rear clips sanded down and repainted. I am mechanically inclined, but never have done body work. How long does removing and replacing them take, and what are the pitfalls to avoid? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2004, 06:13 PM

Its cake. To remove the front:
Remove the lower splash guards, remove all the retainers, pop it out. You will have to pull the wires to the blinkers also. I might of missed something in these steps, but its easy, just start unbolting.

The rear is kind of a pain. Remove the tailights, remove the "CAMARO" panel. You get to the bolts from the trunk behind the carpet. Then start unbolting the bumper. No sweat, your done.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:54 AM

Originally posted by MadKilla
Remove the tailights, remove the "CAMARO" panel. You get to the bolts from the trunk behind the carpet. Then start unbolting the bumper. No sweat, your done.
hey thanks man, one last question. How do I remove the taillights? (or how do I get to the bolts to do so)
Old 06-12-2004, 02:16 PM

Simple, pull the carpet from the back of the trunk by the latch, there is one plastic retainer holding the carpet. There are two plastic bolts you can unscrew by hand for each taillight. Just start removing things and each new bolt will reveal itself. Its really simple, just start taking it apart.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:22 AM
L44

go to brent frankers website in the how to page, i made a writeup a year ago on how to do so
Old 06-13-2004, 11:15 AM

I found your instructions on removing hte front bumper, but I'm currently trying like hell to get my rear bumper off, and I've got EVERYTHING done except these stupid fu*king rivet things that hold the sides of the rear bumper on. How on earth do you get to those? And once I remove them, do I HAVE to re-rivet them, or can I leave them out???

BTW: Nice write up on how to remove the front bumper. Where did you get the camaro lettering done on your air dam and why the holes in the air dam? Is it for a power steering cooler or a ram air set-up?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:53 PM
L44

Originally posted by 30thannZ28
I found your instructions on removing hte front bumper, but I'm currently trying like hell to get my rear bumper off, and I've got EVERYTHING done except these stupid fu*king rivet things that hold the sides of the rear bumper on. How on earth do you get to those? And once I remove them, do I HAVE to re-rivet them, or can I leave them out???

BTW: Nice write up on how to remove the front bumper. Where did you get the camaro lettering done on your air dam and why the holes in the air dam? Is it for a power steering cooler or a ram air set-up?
thanks for the good word =) thats what the write up was for, i forgot i didnt post the rear bumper one my comp crashed that day, send me a pic of the rivet things ur talkin about an ill let u kno, i think i kno what u mean but im not sure, as for the air dam, my dads friend made it on his vinyl machine with one of the fonts i made, it was used to jam air up into the fans to help cool my car down when i had a small crack in the radiator...an it worked amazingly, they arent silver now though they are black...looked too ricey to me i did it for functionality cuz i couldnt drive it without it over heating, even doing 60mph on the highway it would get to 230-240...it still gets pretty hot