Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Gauging Interest: Lambo

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:38 PM

Gauging Interest: Lambo

First, please no flames or arguments in this thread, the lambo look is obviously a love/hate modification, so I would only want truly interested people to respond.

If you could buy bolt-on hinge kit, that required no modification to the car other than drilling two holes under the door panel that would never be seen, and painting them to match, (powdercoating to be offered down the line) would you buy a set?

Current prices for the lambo hinges on popular sites range from 2,000-3000$ and are universal kits, which require body modifications to the fender and mirror.

My kit if sold would be around 350-500$ and be completely bolt-on, and manufactured from heavy gauge steele.

I have the first 3 units produced, and 3 very happy customers. I'm thinking about mass producing the kits based on the shockingly great response I've gotten.

I was tired of wishing I had the doors, and annoyed that they were so expensive and a hassle to obtain. So, I took my southern engineering degree, and made my set. I was approached constantly until I made 2 more sets, and refined the desighn to near perfect. Now, I'm thinking with all my new emissions expenses, I can offset the hit with some kit sales. I would probably like to arrange a group order if interest was high enough.

Regards,

-Bone-

PS: The kit includes 2 hinges, 4 struts (gas), hardware, and instructions. I would also offer 24/7 tech help for those that arent skilled enough to do bolt-on mods and still want the look.

Last edited by Bone Daddy; 05-25-2004 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:46 PM

Hinges ? No.

A real kit ? Yes
Old 05-25-2004, 01:15 PM

ive seen some kits on a mustang that were just hinges..it turned out pretty good. I would be interested..but i would like to see some pics of the product..and some pics on a car.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:34 PM

hmpm..........do you have pics?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:56 PM

pu12en12g: You want a lambo body kit? Sorry, all I have are the bolt on hinge kits to do the conversion.

99TransAmWS6: That's understandable, but due to the nature of my product being bolt-on, I'm not supplieng pics of the actual desighn until the time I decide to start making them on any scale. Now pics on a customers car, thats no problem. All involved practically whined to let their cars be "cover models". But I won't go to all the effort unless I feel that It would be purchased. This is the main forum I'm asking, because of all the good members, but I will be asking a few more for input.

stang_killa94: As mentioned above, if interest is high enough, I will do this the correct and proffessional way, I have webspace waiting, and people to do lay-out and code the shopping software for orders and the like. I aspire to JasonD's success.

So does everyone involved think the price is fair?
Old 05-25-2004, 02:23 PM

You need pictures asap, or else good luck selling your product
Old 05-25-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by Bone Daddy
pu12en12g: You want a lambo body kit?
No... I want the automated door kit with the gas charged lift shocks.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:03 PM

pu12en12g: Then your in luck, mine come with the struts, or if it was asked for enough and still be cost conscious I'd offer the electric.

When I say "kit" I mean 4 struts, 2 hinges, all the hardware, and instructions. It wouldnt be bolt on w/ just the hinges. And they wouldn't work anyway.

MikeStank: Like I mentioned above a few times, I would provide them if enough people were interested, but all Ive gotten so far is a fair response to just wanting pictures, noone is giving me "Yes the price is fair, and if it was well constructed I most likely would" If you just want pics of the look, there are plenty of generic pictures on this forum floating around. If I get plenty of response I'll have the photoshoot, build the website, and build from there. Getting pictures of the kit in the planning phase of my specific kit would be redundant in a way. I'm for now, just trieng to see how many people would consider buying them. Thats how I know my possible market share.

Last edited by Bone Daddy; 05-25-2004 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:09 PM

well from being in a business where i have to sell using pictures, I know you wont' get any serious potentials without showing something. How can we take you serious when you aren't willing to be serious. Pictures are very important my man in selling a product. How can anyone say the price is fair when we dont' know what it looks like? Honestly, that price is awsome, but without pictures i dont' know what it will look like, what the quality of your work is, ect..
Old 05-25-2004, 05:17 PM

Would the door open like pop out first, then swing up (like that Cobra), or swing open like that Decah kit? I would like a picture as well, but I like the idea.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:18 PM

make a smoke machine to be built in so everytime you opened the doors you get a cool smoke effect like on Back To the Future!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

I think the price sounds very resonable. I'd even consider a set or two for myself

Also, just a reminder so there are no problems and hard feelings later down the road, if you get close to producing these and want to sell them on the site then please get in contact with JasonD and talk to him about your ideas! Thanks!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:54 PM

Can you get a pic of the door open without showing the kit? I guess they dont open straight up, but up and away from the car at the same time?? Do they end up looking like this?

Also: Is there any catch like the window must be rolled down to get in and out of the car easily or just to open the door?

Last edited by sic-v6; 05-25-2004 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:01 PM

Re: Gauging Interest: Lambo

Originally posted by Bone Daddy
I have the first 3 units produced, and 3 very happy customers. I'm thinking about mass producing the kits based on the shockingly great response I've gotten.
Need pics ASAP in order to take u seriously.

Sorry but many have made similar claims before in various F-Body forums.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:02 PM

Re: Re: Gauging Interest: Lambo

Originally posted by pu12en12g
Need pics ASAP in order to take u seriously.

Sorry but many have made similar claims before in various F-Body forums.
There you go.......i was trying to find a way to word it but you said it perfectly

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: Lambo