Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Free mods :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Re: Free mods :)

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
hahahahahaha WOW! thats ****ing funny!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 PM

those plates Brangeta look like NEW YORK STATE plates.

I see your in Dalas. I didnt realize we had the plates looking the same.

NOW, we have some NAAAASTY YELLOW AND DARK BLUE PLATES, but the last ones were white and had a blue top strip with the mountains and statue of liberty on it.

Also, your mom has some taste! Thats a cool 35th LE.. I am dying for one. But they retained their value very much so!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 PM

there is a good reason for having a front plate.

Let me explain...

Say you have a child on the block walking with his/her parents. A gang member drives by and lights up a house that he had beef with. The bullets of course never hit their target and a stray bullet hits and kills the child immediately. The parent only gets a good look at the front of the car, but because there was no front plate they could not give an accurate description of the plate and the case goes cold.

So lets rewind a bit. You just lost a child and you cant identify the perp because he didnt have a front plate. The city/state goes wild and screams at officials that it is completely idiotic that cars dont need front plates due to vanity reasons. They would call for legislation to put forth immediately a new act stating all cars/vehicles must run a state plate in front of the vehicle. Yet, a child is dead and the person responsible will never be caught because we want to have our cars "look cool".

Now on the flip side to that is this. I dont run a front plate either. But I joined the team that gives out the tickets lol. I know I know, unfair. But it is a perk for putting my *** on the line every day/night to keep the community safe.

I know we hate things that dont make our cars look nice. I know we dont see the total picture when we argue the facts. Seriously, this really helps police/civilians identify vehicles that are up to no good.

If you run no plate and you get pulled over. Remember, there is something called "ACHIEVEMENT GOALS" We cant have "quota's" for tickets, but we have the achievement goals. Where the Captain has to make sure his staff is out there trying to bust criminals/safety violators. So if a patrol officer goes out every night and lets everyone get away with everything because he wants to be "nice", he winds up getting chewed out and loses Overtime/good posts because he is proving he is doing NOTHING while out and about.

So Police/Sheriffs have to give out summons. If you break the law (and the worst part about it is YOU KNOW YOUR BREAKING THE LAW but you categorize the violation you are breaking as "small") you must be willing to pay the price. I would love to see the people who say "They will flip out on the cop" when they get the ticket ACTUALLY FLIP OUT AND DO WHATEVER WHEN THE COP GIVES THE SUMMONS.

I am not putting anyone down in this post, or bash anyone. I am simply trying to open up some eyes as to why we have these laws in affect.

Yes some laws I BELIEVE are simply to create money for the town/city/state. But I also know if you are curtious to a law enforcement officer and show respect. I.E. take the keys out of the ignition and put them on the dashboard, roll down your window, make sure the radio is not on, take your sunglasses off, take the hate that is barely covering your eyes off, and put both hands on the steering wheel, and dont take your seatbelt off unless your asked to get out of the car, dont ask right away "officer what did I do wrong" or "officer why did you pull me over. I wasnt do anything wrong". Those things usually puts the Officer on guard and doesnt really want to let you go.

Also, remember this. TECHNICALLY if an Officer pulls you over for breaking the law, he/she is SUPPOSED to ticket you/arrest you. Remember, a ticket is in leu of an arrest. Meaning, any violation can be arrestable. I know it is PETTY but it is TRUE. So if you get an officer and you do all the little things I just pointed out, usually you will get a warning or a strict lecture (unless you really were speeding, driving erratically, disrespectful to the other drivers).

I wish everyone out there the best and hopefully you wont be pulled over for the no plate that everyone keeps off, including me.

(again, I wasnt trying to come off as a jerk. Just some friendly advice)

Peace
Old 04-30-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
there is a good reason for having a front plate.

Let me explain...

Say you have a child on the block walking with his/her parents. A gang member drives by and lights up a house that he had beef with. The bullets of course never hit their target and a stray bullet hits and kills the child immediately. The parent only gets a good look at the front of the car, but because there was no front plate they could not give an accurate description of the plate and the case goes cold.

So lets rewind a bit. You just lost a child and you cant identify the perp because he didnt have a front plate. The city/state goes wild and screams at officials that it is completely idiotic that cars dont need front plates due to vanity reasons. They would call for legislation to put forth immediately a new act stating all cars/vehicles must run a state plate in front of the vehicle. Yet, a child is dead and the person responsible will never be caught because we want to have our cars "look cool".

Now on the flip side to that is this. I dont run a front plate either. But I joined the team that gives out the tickets lol. I know I know, unfair. But it is a perk for putting my *** on the line every day/night to keep the community safe.

I know we hate things that dont make our cars look nice. I know we dont see the total picture when we argue the facts. Seriously, this really helps police/civilians identify vehicles that are up to no good.

If you run no plate and you get pulled over. Remember, there is something called "ACHIEVEMENT GOALS" We cant have "quota's" for tickets, but we have the achievement goals. Where the Captain has to make sure his staff is out there trying to bust criminals/safety violators. So if a patrol officer goes out every night and lets everyone get away with everything because he wants to be "nice", he winds up getting chewed out and loses Overtime/good posts because he is proving he is doing NOTHING while out and about.

So Police/Sheriffs have to give out summons. If you break the law (and the worst part about it is YOU KNOW YOUR BREAKING THE LAW but you categorize the violation you are breaking as "small") you must be willing to pay the price. I would love to see the people who say "They will flip out on the cop" when they get the ticket ACTUALLY FLIP OUT AND DO WHATEVER WHEN THE COP GIVES THE SUMMONS.

I am not putting anyone down in this post, or bash anyone. I am simply trying to open up some eyes as to why we have these laws in affect.

Yes some laws I BELIEVE are simply to create money for the town/city/state. But I also know if you are curtious to a law enforcement officer and show respect. I.E. take the keys out of the ignition and put them on the dashboard, roll down your window, make sure the radio is not on, take your sunglasses off, take the hate that is barely covering your eyes off, and put both hands on the steering wheel, and dont take your seatbelt off unless your asked to get out of the car, dont ask right away "officer what did I do wrong" or "officer why did you pull me over. I wasnt do anything wrong". Those things usually puts the Officer on guard and doesnt really want to let you go.

Also, remember this. TECHNICALLY if an Officer pulls you over for breaking the law, he/she is SUPPOSED to ticket you/arrest you. Remember, a ticket is in leu of an arrest. Meaning, any violation can be arrestable. I know it is PETTY but it is TRUE. So if you get an officer and you do all the little things I just pointed out, usually you will get a warning or a strict lecture (unless you really were speeding, driving erratically, disrespectful to the other drivers).

I wish everyone out there the best and hopefully you wont be pulled over for the no plate that everyone keeps off, including me.

(again, I wasnt trying to come off as a jerk. Just some friendly advice)

Peace
Really man????? You have to take it that FAR! WOW!
I also know the "TECHNICALLY" cops aren't suppose to follow you because you are 19 and drive a Camaro with a loud exhaust....they shoud NOT hassle you for STUPID stuff as no front plate. All I do is drive to school and work, I don't plan on "killing anybody" and planning on getting away with it.
AND TRUST ME if I got pulled over and the cop said I am giving you a ticket for no plate TRUST ME I would flip out. Give someone a ticket for something a little more important.

I guess you dont know that there are VERY FEW states that require 2 plates, maybe you and your "gang" should travel around the country and write everyone up.

I have NEVER been pulled over, HOWEVER I would treat ALL/ANY police offer with the utmost respect, I have been in the car with others who deserved to get a ticket just for being an *** to the cop.

Dont take stuff to far! Were just taking about mods to the make our cars look better and customize to our liking. I dont think any of us are going on a crime spree.

Last edited by mybadd02camaro; 04-30-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mybadd02camaro
AND TRUST ME if I got pulled over and the cop said I am giving you a ticket for no plate TRUST ME I would flip out. Give someone a ticket for something a little more important.
If you don't have a front plate, you'll most likely eventually get a ticket. Hopefully when you "flip out" the officer will spend some giving you a nice lecture about respect.

By not running a front plate, you are breaking the law and you know it. Don't break the law unless you are willing to man up to the punishments. I don't have front plate laws in my state, but if I did and I decided to not run a front plate, I'd be willing to accept the ticket for it.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:46 PM

This is what makes me mad!!! You got these Harley's that are LOUD as ****!!! and also have no front plate. Please tell me how that works? I guess the Harley gets away after the drive by and ppl cant make out his front plate because they dont have one.

Yes a law is a law but all should follow it unless your in Law Enforcement lol I had the bocked plates before so yes if I was a cop I'm rolling with no plates on the vette, front that is lol

I got a ticket for loud exhaust and having headers which I know is a NO NO but as I'm getting my ticket a LOUDER Harley rolls by LMAOOO Thats my beef.

I respect Law Enforcement and the laws pretty well and yes very glad we have cops and CHP and so no.

Last edited by ZeeS7o7; 04-30-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:57 PM

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I love the cops
Old 04-30-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
If you don't have a front plate, you'll most likely eventually get a ticket. Hopefully when you "flip out" the officer will spend some giving you a nice lecture about respect.

By not running a front plate, you are breaking the law and you know it. Don't break the law unless you are willing to man up to the punishments. I don't have front plate laws in my state, but if I did and I decided to not run a front plate, I'd be willing to accept the ticket for it.
Really?? Are you going to start to lecture me too...
Why dont you and your other friend who gives tickets out for no front plate, join forces and travel America giving tickets and hasseling drivers. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by mybadd02camaro
Really?? Are you going to start to lecture me too...
Why dont you and your other friend who gives tickets out for no front plate, join forces and travel America giving tickets and hasseling drivers. Just a suggestion.
LOL its there job bro and its not like they made up the law. U can't get mad for getting a ticket when you know its the law to have a front plate. Be a cop and problem fix LOL
Old 04-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
LOL its there job bro and its not like they made up the law. U can't get mad for getting a ticket when you know its the law to have a front plate. Be a cop and problem fix LOL
hahaha you know there is the easy solution I suppose! lol
BTW Zee..those pics with the cop car are really cool!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:18 PM

To some of the e-thugs who say they will "flip-out" I would love to see it.

Something to consider- Timothy McVeigh, Ted Bundy, 'Son of Sam'-David Berkowitz were all captured because of what some of you consider 'petty' traffic stuff. So to say "go out and fight 'real crime" is a pointless thing to say. Not to mention the countless of other arrests that have resulted from what some consider a 'routine' traffic stop.

The people that knowingly break the law, and then complain about tickets never ceases to amaze me...I actually laugh about it.

But anyway to get back on topic- OP- good job- I'm a big fan of people making their own parts..BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Procharged94Lt1

Something to consider- Timothy McVeigh, Ted Bundy, 'Son of Sam'-David Berkowitz were all captured because of what some of you consider 'petty' traffic stuff. So to say "go out and fight 'real crime" is a pointless thing to say. Not to mention the countless of other arrests that have resulted from what some consider a 'routine' traffic stop.

The people that knowingly break the law, and then complain about tickets never ceases to amaze me...I actually laugh about it.

But anyway to get back on topic- OP- good job- I'm a big fan of people making their own parts..BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
I am not Timothy McVeigh, Son of Sam or a "gang shooter" so I guess I am ok.....
I REALLY dont get these people, they have nothing else to do but make a SIMPLE thing of having no FRONT plate and comparing it from everything to Timothy McVeigh and gang shooters.
Wow, you people must really be nuts, because I have no front plate I am now compared to gang members and terrorists. Really????

Last edited by mybadd02camaro; 05-04-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:47 PM

No front plate.....terrorist! Get him!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Procharged94Lt1

thx! but again why cars and not bikes have to have front plates? again I respect all Law enforcement and the Laws.

Badd you better watch out they might look you up in your town and give you a ticket for no front plate lol
Old 05-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
thx! but again why cars and not bikes have to have front plates? again I respect all Law enforcement and the Laws.

Badd you better watch out they might look you up in your town and give you a ticket for no front plate lol
yeah Zee I am with you man, I RESPECT ALL police officers and all that they stand for. I dont get how we went from KIDDING AND JOKING about having no front plate to now being compared to a terrorist and a murderer.

Zee, I may have an answer for you about the bike front plate, I don't quite know where you would put that plate on the front of a bike lol Maybe on the windshield?? lol
Honestly these people who have b*tched and gone on and on about this probabally have nothing else to do but drive here and ticket me.

Everyone who has a problem with the missing front plate, get off my a** move on & worry about yourself!

LETS GO BACK TO THE REAL POINT OF THE THREAD.... Zee AWESOME MODS & KEEP IT UP!!!

Last edited by mybadd02camaro; 05-04-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Free mods :)