Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

flamethrower exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:27 AM

flamethrower exhaust

I want to buy myself a flamethrower exhaust kit for my birthday (someone else will install, don't worry lol). i hate tailgaters and love how it looks. any suggestions/recommendations? i don't even know of a good brand...
Old 02-15-2005, 01:01 PM

Re: flamethrower exhaust

I like them but only if they look right. Did any one ever see that episode of Pimp my Ride with the old sky blue Mustang. I like how they did those flamethrowers. I looked like after burners on a jet engine. I hate how they look if you shoot them out like 20 or 30 feet out your tail pipe.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:27 PM

http://www.autoloc.com/products/flame.lasso

hope this helps..
Old 02-16-2005, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by crasher88
I like them but only if they look right. Did any one ever see that episode of Pimp my Ride with the old sky blue Mustang. I like how they did those flamethrowers. I looked like after burners on a jet engine. I hate how they look if you shoot them out like 20 or 30 feet out your tail pipe.
ditto - those were really nice.

the link is cool - any other options though? what's considered top-of-the-line when it comes to flame-thrower exhaust kits?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:45 AM

Isn't it illegal? It's very unsafe and unneccessary. Only bad things can come of this. Invest the money into something else IMO.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:36 AM

flamethrower kits are bad for ur engine, as u run gasoline, unburnt through ur cylinders, through ur exhaust.. blah, blah, i'm tired... but, tis not like its just a gimmic, it has negative effects on ur engine...
Old 02-17-2005, 03:21 AM

shouldn't hurt anything as long as you dont have any exhaust leaks.. The engine is a combustion chamber and the explosions often make their way through the exhaust system. They usually die down by the time they get to the cats. There is always unburnt fuel going through the cylinders and exhaust, it is near impossible to get 100% combustion. It is illegal in it is unsafe though, it could blow apart your exhaust piping and hurt people in the cars..
Old 02-17-2005, 03:45 AM

GotFlames.net makes flamethrower kits for just about anything... I haven't heard any reviews from people I know, but they sound like they know what they're talking about... I'll be getting one of their kits eventually.

I know it's illegal for you to use the kit while the vehicle is moving - In Virginia, I think the law for things like that restrict use to "show vehicles" or whatever, falling into the same category as underbody lighting or strobes...

But don't quote me on that part, I'm no expert.

Anyway, I like what I see on their site, and I can live with the price if I have to dump it at some point.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:23 AM

I saw a flame thrower on trucks. The guy said if you use it you have to change your oil every 1500-2000 miles..... That kinda turned me off on flame throwers..
Old 02-17-2005, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by xfreshjiv12x
I saw a flame thrower on trucks. The guy said if you use it you have to change your oil every 1500-2000 miles..... That kinda turned me off on flame throwers..
that is fully true, coming back to the point of the gasoline going fully unburnt through the echaust chamber, into ur exhaust...
Old 02-17-2005, 02:47 PM

I've seen flamethrower kits online that use propane instead of gasoline to burn. They just have a small propane tank planted somewhere in the car.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:58 PM

There's a C5 Vette in my town with headers, CAI, and exhaust that cut the cats off his car and put a sparkplug after each muffler attached to a coil, relay, and switch.

Makes 6" flames at idle for about 2-3 secs. No harmful effects to the motor.

Last edited by Gripenfelter; 02-17-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
There's a C5 Vette in my town with headers, CAI, and exhaust that cut the cats off his car and put a sparkplug after each muffler attached to a coil, relay, and switch.

Makes 6" flames at idle for about 2-3 secs. No harmful effects to the motor.
how did he cut off the cats?

and thanks for the info - didn't know it was that bad for your engine...
in that case, what other mod should i do? i don't want to play with anything under the hood now b/c later i'm going to swap out the v6 for an lt1. ideas?
Old 02-19-2005, 09:51 PM

If you don't like people riding your bumper, install a windshield wiper squirter under your 3rd taillight and spray them with water . At least it is legal to get them wet, it isn't to set them on fire .
Old 02-19-2005, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
If you don't like people riding your bumper, install a windshield wiper squirter under your 3rd taillight and spray them with water . At least it is legal to get them wet, it isn't to set them on fire .
I was with a friend who had his whiper jet aimed at the side and once when i was with him, he soaked some people who called the cops on him. Cops came to his house and had a talk with him but he didnt get a ticket or anything. Everythings legal until you get caught but when you get caught, anything can be illegal.

Quick Reply: flamethrower exhaust