Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Fiber Glass / Clearcoat the headliner, need oppinions...

Old 05-08-2007, 05:30 PM

Fiber Glass / Clearcoat the headliner, need oppinions...

First oppinion would obviously be, how do you think it would look to fiberglass / paint the factory headliner to the factory paint aswell as clearcoat (arrest me red) of the car?

Second oppinion would be, how difficult would the be to do it on my own presuming I have no experience with either fiberglass or paint?

Third oppinion, if I had someone do it for me, how much should it cost me? aswell as what kind of shop would do this kind of work?

The headliner is beggining to show signs of wear at the creases, nothing major yet but like my last Camaro I know it will eventually sag... oppinions needed
Old 05-08-2007, 08:38 PM

I don't know if you'd be able to do it over the factory headliner without some serious distortion. If you could I imagine reinstall would be a major pain in the ***.

I don't know of any shop that would tackle that project for you. I'd give it a shot for ****s and giggles if there was a spare one to work with.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 PM

If that is something you REALLY want to do it would say go for it but it is going to be a ROYAL B*TCH! Fiberglass isn't all that tough to do but it is tough to make it look good if you have little experience with it. You will spend way more time than you would ever think sanding on it which would also make a huge mess of the rest of the interior.

I don't want to say that you shouldn't do it because I always like it when people try new things but I would seriously say NO to trying to do this yourself. I had to get a new headliner about 2 years ago and it only cost me $50. Sure it will fall down again eventually but that will be at least another 10 years.

As for the appearance, I don't think it would look that great just because nothing else in the interior will have that same appearance unless you have done some serious mods already.

But, like I said before, if you got your heart set on it, go for it.