Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Eurodezign white lights suck

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 PM

Eurodezign white lights suck

Me and my friend did a conversion to my camaro. Since 1 headlight was burnt out, we decided to change the bulbs to bright white ones. Everything went really good and j.b welded that **** up pretty good. Now my lights are still yellow? What's up with that? Has anyone ever done this mod before? I wanted "bright white" lights but theres no difference between stock ones and bright ones.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:41 PM

Brand of bulb used???
Old 05-19-2007, 12:29 AM

http://www.white-light.net/images/9006.jpg
Old 05-19-2007, 07:45 AM

Those aren't going to do anything more for you. The blue coating for the higher temp look is reducing light output. Your not going to get a HID look with a halogen so go for the HID's if you can spring the cash. Otherwise, go with a silverstar lamp which are pricey but do a decent job of giving a "whiter" light.

-Brian
Old 05-19-2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by BlackbirdWS6
Those aren't going to do anything more for you. The blue coating for the higher temp look is reducing light output. Your not going to get a HID look with a halogen so go for the HID's if you can spring the cash. Otherwise, go with a silverstar lamp which are pricey but do a decent job of giving a "whiter" light.

-Brian
Have to agree with this guy, if you want the whiter look its going to cost you either way. You can go ahead and spring on a set of HID's, or just get silverstar bulbs or nokia, those seem to be the best two at giving a whiter output and improving output. (I had silverstars on my firebird and noticed a large improvement and silverstar ultras on my silverado and got a minor improvement but a MUCH nicer color)
Old 05-19-2007, 02:51 PM

I heard silverstars ultra suck big time, thats what i was told by a sales guy who worked at parts source. He told me to buy "Eurodezign" ones "and you'll notice a huge difference". What bothers me is that they look exactly like the stock ones.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:34 PM

I had eodezign bulbs for all of 2 days, the quality of light hella sucked, but the appearance was great. I have "exon" bulbs now and the light quality is that of silverstars.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Evil Lord Lucas
I had eodezign bulbs for all of 2 days, the quality of light hella sucked, but the appearance was great.
What do you mean by that? Was it white or was it more powerful plasma type?

I guess i'll have to try out those silverstars.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:58 PM

Don't want to hijack this thread, but theres already enough threads about headlights, so here goes,

I tried a search but I've been at it for 2 hours with no definitive answer.

Whats the max wattage bulb you can use with the stock wiring for a 93-97 camaro, would an 80w bulb be fine? I know an 80w bulb isn't legal, but neither is my tint, lack of front plate or exhaust, so that doesn't bother me too much.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:10 PM

I used silverstars and they did a decent job but I switched to a quality Hella lamp and the difference was pretty noticeable. Color is all fine and good but light output suffers depending on the design and how the manufacturer achieves the desired color output.

Jimbo - I would not going past a 55w lamp unless you go with some upgraded wiring. Not following my own advice, I used to have 100-watt H4 lamps in Hella free-form housings with no issues. No idea how long that would have lasted but I didn't have those in for long before I went HID.

-Brian
Old 05-19-2007, 11:23 PM

I found this http://www.eurolamps.com/eurolamps/c...headlights.htm
and might give them a shot. They look pretty good, but it kinda looks cheesy with blue headlight lamps. Oh well, beggers can't be choosers i guess.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:41 AM

im happy with my silverstars, plus upgraded fog lights. I can see the road in the worst conditions, most of that due to the fogs.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by transAMdriv3r
im happy with my silverstars, plus upgraded fog lights. I can see the road in the worst conditions, most of that due to the fogs.
You also have a trans am. LT1 camaros have the worst lighting out of all the 4th gens.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by PWR-TRIP
What do you mean by that? Was it white or was it more powerful plasma type?

I guess i'll have to try out those silverstars.
THey had a blueish color to them. The color looked nice, but just didn't put out enough light.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by PWR-TRIP
I heard silverstars ultra suck big time, thats what i was told by a sales guy who worked at parts source. He told me to buy "Eurodezign" ones "and you'll notice a huge difference". What bothers me is that they look exactly like the stock ones.
From my experiance most "guys" who work at part stores (autozone, pepboys, Kragen, etc.) are little ricer bitches who know nothing about cars other than what the little computer monitor they're looking at says. Let me guess, these "Eurodezign" ones - were they more expensive than the silverstars? The guy just made the store that much more money.

Quick Reply: Eurodezign white lights suck