Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Eibachs, problems with or suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 03:19 PM

Eibachs, problems with or suggestions?

Hey everybody,
I want to install the Eibachs on my 95 to get rid of that ugly wheel gap and give me a little more for the whole-shot, but don't know whether to go with Pros or Sprotlines and was wondering of those who are/ have used them, what do you think? Is there any additional parts I would need to install at the same time?

Thank You.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:54 PM

nope need nothing...but i'd probably get new endlinks while u are at it..and if u are serious, get some adj shocks installed at same time or some bilsteins...stock shocks suck

i have the sportlines, although the look is the bomb, i highly suggest u stay away from them...too low esp if u want gfx one day...stay with the pro-kit, its good enough..
Old 11-11-2002, 06:45 PM

I had the Pro's on my 94 camaro, They looked great and it was a perfect drop. It rode great 2
Old 11-11-2002, 10:18 PM

ya i got the pro kit with bilsteins rides good and looks great
Old 11-11-2002, 10:51 PM

used to have sportlines, looked aewsome. switched over to prokits this year cause it was just too low. if youre gonna get any type of mid-long header, go pro. if not, id say take the sportlines. i really really loved the sportlines, even though most reputable shops advise against them. eight months later, im still not as satisfied with the pros as with the sports, in looks and handling. a good shock is recommended though, or at least get some "takeoffs" from slp. hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:51 AM

I have the Sportlines and IMO they have been the best mod for the money. I haven’t had the extra cash to get new shocks, bump steer, adj. panhard bar, relocation brackets, and control arms to really make them shine, but the handling is a BIG improvement over stock, even without all the other upgrades. I would recommend getting these if you don’t care about ride quality, cuz they are very rough! If you do care about your ride quality get the pro kit, its not as rough since they are progressive rate springs. Late, CoryCory
Old 11-12-2002, 01:31 PM

I have pretty much decided on the Pros, which I believe are the lesser of the drops, I don't have my info. with me right now. Of those who have replied to my thread, how many of you have had a problem with wheel hop. It was suggested that this might be a problem, I was just wondering exactly how big of one it would be. If I can manage some more cash on top of all my other mods I will spring for the extra shocks, etc. SLP has a package that is a really good price.
Thanks all.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by Ben Ramsden
I have pretty much decided on the Pros, which I believe are the lesser of the drops, I don't have my info. with me right now. Of those who have replied to my thread, how many of you have had a problem with wheel hop. It was suggested that this might be a problem, I was just wondering exactly how big of one it would be. If I can manage some more cash on top of all my other mods I will spring for the extra shocks, etc. SLP has a package that is a really good price.
Thanks all.
Yes you will have wheel hop or wheel spin. You can fix this by getting control arm relocation brackets. I have not done this yet b/c I'm not racing currently, but I have heard from many others that it will fix the problem.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:50 PM

I'm pretty sure the SLP package includes lower control arm brackets, I'm checking right now.
Old 11-12-2002, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by Ben Ramsden
I'm pretty sure the SLP package includes lower control arm brackets, I'm checking right now.
The SLP kit does not come with them, I'm almost positive. It does come with control arms though. BTW, that kit is very nice and well worth the money. Just look at it this way, the relocation brackets are just an added measure for better traction b/c it changes the angle of the axle. Correct me if I'm wrong please. They are basically used if your traction sucks, if it doesn’t, then don’t worry about it. I've heard from many ppl that they improve traction greatly and especially on lowered cars.