Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Ebay finds of the week... Pro Am III Firebird and pretty sweet Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:54 PM

Ebay finds of the week... Pro Am III Firebird and pretty sweet Camaro

Alright, here are my two ebay finds of the week.

The first specimen is a 1995 Pro Am III Firebird. If you're like me, you just said out loud "a what?"

According to the seller, a Pro Am III Firebird was a package made by Custom Concepts in Chattanooga, TN.

The package included a hood with nonfunctional scoop, ground effects with door skins, dual exhaust, two-tone paint, and 16 inch polished aluminum wheels.

Pretty cool looking in some aspects, and different, but I don't think it is much of an improvement on the design of the Firebird.

Perhaps if the ground effects and door skins were molded in, my opinion would be different. Or if any of these appearance items were functional rather than decorative and bulky.

More pics and info can be seen here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...ayphotohosting

The second specimen is a '97 SS Camaro.

The exterior is pretty great, but what makes it an ebay find of the week is the interior.

The interior isn't amazing, but the changes are interesting, and inspiring.

Note the red leather covered speaker area in the backseat. I may just be ignorant, but I don't believe convertibles normally have an area there with a fabric. I certainly know the coupes don't, and this is on the verge of looking great.

Unless you're blind, you'll notice the red carpet he put in came from that company that puts a stupid rubber pad on the carpet. I can't remember what company that is anymore though... but that little feature looks awful.

More pics and info here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...ayphotohosting
Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Banned

I like the Pro Am IIIs. There was a girl around here that owned a yellow and white one. White top, yellow bottom. It's a pretty good looking color combo and surely something you don't see every day. I saw the Camaro on eBay earlier today but I didn't look at all the pictures. I really love the interior. The 30th anniversary embroider really looks good on the charcoal leather. I would hazard to say that it looks even better than it does on the white.

And yes, I can't stand the built in mat on the carpet. I replaced my carpet a few years ago to switch it to black and mine has the built in mat. I hate it, but it seems like that's just how it is. Oh well, the carpet was free so I'm not complaining.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:21 PM

What sucked the most is the pro am is a V6 My older sister was gonna buy one till she found that out!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:47 AM

both of those cars are hideous.

everything on the SS that was "added" is awful.
the stripes/spoiler/ground effects/interior.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28

Well, ebay finds of the week don't always mean they are amazingly cool, sometimes they are awful.

I disagree about the stripes though... and SOME of the interior is nice in concept, it was just executed poorly.

Shock6906-- where did you buy your carpet from? I'd like to avoid them at all costs when I one day want new carpet. I'm very anti-rubbermat on my carpet.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Shock6906-- where did you buy your carpet from? I'd like to avoid them at all costs when I one day want new carpet. I'm very anti-rubbermat on my carpet.
Well my stepdad bought it for a customer's car that he was working on, but I think it ended up falling through. I believe he ordered it from Auto-Custom Carpets or something along that line. I'm not sure exactly. You can call whatever company you order from and make sure the mat isn't built in.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM

Good idea. I'm archiving that advice in my brain for future use, along with all that other Camaro knowledge I'm having to remember.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28

^^^ what he said.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:21 PM

I wonder if the Camaro is a real SS, I don't see a SLP # plate, aren't they normally on the center console, and the shifter doesn't look like a Hurst Shifter, way to tall looking.

I love the seats and the doors, but the red carpet is a little too much, especially with the red floor mats that don't match.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:30 PM

on the Pro-Am III the shop that produced those was actually Choo-Choo customs, they bottomed out for awhile and the pro-am III was the last thing they made until a few years later, mostly they do trucks and van conversions now *shrug*.. and yet they cant find it in their hearts to make me a fully functional steel hood for my silverado (i had something nice in mind like sunoco style! ).. alas the pro-am III was a good looking car but left a lot to be desired.. sort of like the RS camaro

so how many of you guys have seen the original pro-am and pro-am II?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Why do you want to bring that crap around here?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by RacingTiger04
so how many of you guys have seen the original pro-am and pro-am II?
What do they look like? Do you have any pics?
Old 09-05-2007, 05:58 PM

I dont have any of a pro/am II but you can find those on google.
Here are some of my old pro/am I 1987.. (dont have many pics of it)

Old 09-06-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by 30thZ286speed
I wonder if the Camaro is a real SS, I don't see a SLP # plate, aren't they normally on the center console, and the shifter doesn't look like a Hurst Shifter, way to tall looking.

I love the seats and the doors, but the red carpet is a little too much, especially with the red floor mats that don't match.
The 97's didn't get a "number" plate, just the "CAMARO SS" plate that can be seen in the picture above the radio. Only way to know for sure is to see the RPO codes.
I don't think it's THAT bad. I like the seats and plan on putting red panels in my 97. Also like the red accents, but not the carpet, to much! I could live without the spoiler too.
Never liked the shade of gray used in the 97's. Would prefer graphite or dark charcoal.