Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

ebay find of the week: this is just cool as heck

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 PM

ebay find of the week: this is just cool as heck

This car is unfortunately not described very accurately because the owner died, but WOW is it cool. It has Z06 style wheels, F-1 ground effects (front piece is Wings West), an SS hood (might be F-1 related, but don't know for sure), and silver stripes (almost definitely part of the F1 deal). I sent the seller a more detailed list of corrections just b/c it's such a cool car.

Anyway, really awesome car full of parts that are no longer available from the aftermarket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w-11k...item2a0dab23fb

Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 PM

Re: ebay find of the week: this is just cool as heck

lookin at this almost makes me feel bad for actually driving my car
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 PM

Chambered exhaust, too. Nice aftermarket stuff, the pedals, dash inserts- looks like somebody spent lots of money on improvements.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM

yeah that car is really nice, seen it in person before.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:32 AM

Def a pristine car, just was never a fan of the tan interior.

Wonder what the reserve on it is?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:50 PM

Looking at this car a second time, I'm just kind of drooling... This is the best "home-made" modified Camaro I've seen in a really long time. The extremely low mileage doesn't hurt either. This car would be so cool if it had the light gray cloth interior to compliment the stripes. Those stripes... look incredible...
Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Procharged94Lt1
Def a pristine car, just was never a fan of the tan interior.

Wonder what the reserve on it is?

IDK, but thats the 3rd time I've seen it on ebay and the price has come down.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:17 PM

I think that's the first black 97 I've seen with the tan cloth. Actually, it's the only 97 I've seen with tan cloth period. Anyone happen to catch that someone went so far as to paint the whole undercarriage? There's none of the factory primer showing anywhere. Look at any other f-body, and you'll see the primer and overspray of the paint color on the floors, especially on the spare tire well and right behind the rear seat area of the pan. Impressive to say the least...
Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 PM

That thing is clean, nice bubble too.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TD95Z
Anyone happen to catch that someone went so far as to paint the whole undercarriage? There's none of the factory primer showing anywhere. Look at any other f-body, and you'll see the primer and overspray of the paint color on the floors, especially on the spare tire well and right behind the rear seat area of the pan. Impressive to say the least...
I'm going to have to look through my image collection and see if I can find the underside of another black Camaro. I'm not sure I follow/remember what you're talking about. Since the Camaro I actually have to get under (occasionally) is silver (the Z28), as far as I remember, everything under the car is silver. If I find anything, I'll upload a pic.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:10 PM

Yeah, looking under a silver car won't illustrate my point well. Check out some install pics of subframe connectors and such on UMI's website. You can clearly see that parts of the undercarriage don't have paint on em. Maybe i'll crawl my *** under the TA after work and snap a pic for ya. I mean, I could be wrong, but I don't see why a black car would be any different than others, in terms of the overspray and such. EDIT: Post 8 in the" post your true dual setup" in the exhaust forum shows some of what im talking about. See how the driveshaft tunnel is grey; with body colored overspray?

Last edited by TD95Z; 01-30-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:47 PM

wow, amazingly clean!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:13 PM

Car looks amazing, only two changes I'd make: 1, no rivets on the rims, I personally never liked rivets on rims 'cause I think they look tacky, but i love the black C5 Z06 with the machined lip. That color setup for rims looks awesome on black cars. 2, not a big fan of those headlight covers, I prefer the smooth ones over the ones pictured. I'd have either used those or just left 'em alone. Sweet car though.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by TD95Z
I think that's the first black 97 I've seen with the tan cloth. Actually, it's the only 97 I've seen with tan cloth period. Anyone happen to catch that someone went so far as to paint the whole undercarriage? There's none of the factory primer showing anywhere. Look at any other f-body, and you'll see the primer and overspray of the paint color on the floors, especially on the spare tire well and right behind the rear seat area of the pan. Impressive to say the least...
I have a black 95 Z28 and it definately still shows the underbody sealer with black over spray. I also double checked a friends 94 Z28 and it shows the same characteristics of an unfinished paint application. Hopefully by the end of this year my car will look this nice.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:10 PM

my download for pics must be broken but i swear it looks like gray cloth to me. I realy like the dash and overlays I am going to do same on my 01 this summer. still a very cool car.]

Quick Reply: ebay find of the week: this is just cool as heck