Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Definition of Bad Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:10 AM

Definition of Bad Project Car

Check this baby out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GOOD-...3A1|240%3A1318

this was a great car and still could be. it needs body work and paint on the passagger side.and it idles a little high i believe its a throttle positioning sensor.also the trans wont go in first, and moves it self out of reverse after about 100 ft of backing up. but i drove everyday to work with very little promblems motor runs good.i had 18" wheels on it and i took them off and put on my new car, however when i did i stripped out 3 of the bolts on the driver side . if you have two wheels to put on it you can drive it home if its not to far with the existing bolts but would recommend a trailer for pick up.dash is cracked i made a dash cover for it.its a sporty car and very quick has after market intake.interior is good only minor things to fix.email any questions email. for more pics if needed.or if you want my phone number my fathers a 20 year mechanic so if i dont know he will thanks and good luck bidding.pickup only.

It would cost so much to get this car back to looking good and running good again that it'd be a complete waste of time for anyone dumb enough to bid! This seller needs to unfortunately part out the car and then pay to have the remains hauled off!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:04 AM

The link doesn't work. But the car is a heap. If somebody was devoted enough, it wouldn't be a bad project car...given money wasn't much of an option. Sounds like the trans and probably the opti is shot/ god knows what. How much is he asking for it?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 PM

The link worked for me. It is at $300 w/ no reserve right now. Says it is a 6 cylinder.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:05 PM

This is just my personal view, but I think if the Camaro doesn't have a V8, it isn't worth all that effort. Heck, it wouldn't be worth the effort to fix this one if it had a V8.

If you were to drop a V8 in it... LT1, LS1, LS2, whatever, you'd still have a 115 mph speedometer to switch out as well as the rear axle ratio and all sorts of crap. It really isn't worth it to convert a V6 car to a V8 car in my opinion.

The guy just needs to take what few undamaged parts it has on it, remove them, and sell them separately. I suppose a person could buy it all for a parts car, but nothing seems particularly amazing on it, so I'm not sure what could be salvaged other than the tail lights.