Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Custom Decal...

Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Custom Decal...

I am looking for a company/person capable of producing a LARGE Firebird decal- One that can cover the entire rear windshield. I already contacted Brent Franker and he said he doesn't have a press/the capability to produce something that large. I want it to be red in color and completely "transparent" (no fill-in on the bird or wings) any one know of a company that can pull this off?
Old 10-20-2010, 05:21 PM

Might try e-mailing www.phoenixgraphix.com Don't know if they can or cost....
Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM

go to ebay and look up the guy who sells the 2002 camaro 35th anniversary declas. he is the best that i know. his username is badgraphics.
good luck!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM

I design decals, but that's unfortunately something that would cost quite a bit for me to design from scratch (and I know these things already exist--somewhere!) and because of the size, I'd have to find a different person to produce the decal for me because that's kind of big.

If you google enough, I'm sure you'll be able to find a screaming chicken decal similar to what you're wanting. But if you end up wanting something completely custom as a 1-off-design, contact me and we'll make it happen.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:34 AM

Thanks a bunch guys for all of your help so far. I contacted phoenixgraphics.com this morning and they can only make them in the original size since they hold the official logo license.

I can't find the guy on eBay, I'll keep looking.

Brangeta: I know it won't be cheap, but I'm willing to pay if you can make it happen. I'll do some more searching and if I keep turning up rocks, I'll shoot you a PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:15 AM

Hey when you say you want it to be a transparent red, what's the reason for that? While transparent vinyl could give a pretty unique look similar to a tinted clearcoat or candy paint, it might be hard to find, but possible. Would you want the decal in only that one solid color, or are you wanting it to have printed details on it? If you want printed details, it might be even harder to find a producer who will do that.

I've seen a lot of these screaming chickens for 2nd gens, and they always vary in quality. Saw two at last weekend's show in fact that were far apart in quality. I apparently only took a picture of the better one... lame.

Anyway, this one was gorgeous and was printed on white vinyl that fortunately/surprisingly closely matched the paint. I hated seeing the white vinyl outline, but for durability, it wouldn't peel up nearly as bad as if each feather was cut out. Still, I would be resistant to want that white outline and wonder how the company that made this reproduction decal would do it if the car was navy blue for example.

Name:  IMG_6133.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  123.7 KB
Name:  IMG_6143.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  134.8 KB

I normally only design stuff that is cut out of solid colored vinyl, but if you need something that is printed, I can find a producer to do it.

Do you have an example pic of what you're wanting? I assume you're most likely wanting solid colored vinyl and want the bird to look like the one on the nose of the car. More or less like one of these:

Last edited by Brangeta; 10-21-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:21 AM

I'm apparently blind and didn't see that you said you wanted it to go on the rear windshield. I thought you wanted it on the hood. Now I understand why transparent is so important LOL.