Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Checkered Gauge Overlay

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 AM

Checkered Gauge Overlay

I thought i had seen a checkered gauge overlay for 94-96 Z28's somewhere. I cant seem to find anything other than white face, silver or flame overlays. I'm looking for something with the looks of these Z06 gauges -- >http://joshker99.home.comcast.net/pi...sterswap04.jpg

Any ideas or place i can get them?? I'm racking my brain over these!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:33 AM

Re: Checkered Gauge Overlay

Eckler's Camaro has a checkered guage overlay. Eckler'sCamaro.com The background is solid black and each guage is checkered black. Thinkin about ordering it myself.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:34 AM

ive been looking also but havent been able to find much.....bump
Old 07-31-2006, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by camaro02
Eckler's Camaro has a checkered guage overlay. Eckler'sCamaro.com The background is solid black and each guage is checkered black. Thinkin about ordering it myself.
i can't find it you got a direct link to it???????

also anyone know wher ei can get a silver overlay besides macewen
Old 08-02-2006, 03:27 AM

i cant find it either
Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 AM

Can't find them either. The individual gauges with the checkers i can find, but not an overlay for the whole stock cluster. Maybe i'm dreaming
Old 08-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

I *think* I know the picture you are talking about because I've seen it too The picture I'm thinking about though the guy made the checker pattern himself by masking off the gauges then using some type of etching stuff to discolor the black face and give them a whiteish haze which made it look like a checkered flag pattern. Was cool but a lot of work and he never did say what he used to turn the black the nice hazy cloudy color. I know it sounds strange but it was very good looking!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 AM

Yea, maybe, i can't remember where i saw it either!! Sounds like a lot of work, but it came out really sharp.

Any chances your vinyl is thin enough for something that mimicks the Z06 gauges to be fabbed up? You could fill a niche in the market
Old 08-04-2006, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Taintedz28
brent can do anything
LOL! I have some ideas. Won't be able to do anything unless I get a new machine but if I do get a different machine I could sure do a lot more!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
LOL! I have some ideas. Won't be able to do anything unless I get a new machine but if I do get a different machine I could sure do a lot more!
Hmm, maybe Brent could get together with the guy who was asking about 200MPH guage cluster conversions...
Old 08-04-2006, 04:37 AM

Won't be able to do anything unless I get a new machine
Dang Was worth a shot. I'll just have to keep digging, and maybe take advantage of that custom overlay tutorial out there, see what i can come up with.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rashiki
Dang Was worth a shot. I'll just have to keep digging, and maybe take advantage of that custom overlay tutorial out there, see what i can come up with.
Yeah, I can do most things with my cutting machine but the fine details and the need to be able to have light shine through certain areas means I'd need to use a combo cutting and printing machine and I don't have one of those yet. Bummer!
Old 08-05-2006, 02:03 AM

Thats no good... im not going to try the decals too much energy for me to put towards when ill probably not get it right.

BTW: Brent, my friend was kind of dissapointed (but not that he really cared or anything) that you closed his "Quick" 6 Mustang post. I work with him and we talk cars all the time.... he was prepared for more than what they appeared to give him about the power. He said he just did it to see how bad we would get on him, and to give me something to laugh about when reading posts. All in all though he has been on here before and knows what us F-body guys are about, so he wouldn't have thought too harsly of us
Old 08-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by njenson
BTW: Brent, my friend was kind of dissapointed (but not that he really cared or anything) that you closed his "Quick" 6 Mustang post. I work with him and we talk cars all the time.... he was prepared for more than what they appeared to give him about the power. He said he just did it to see how bad we would get on him ...
Exactly... I pretty much assumed that which is one reason why I closed it. It is one thing for the people who spend 1/2 their day in the Lounge and post in every other topic and don't even have a F-Body to post pics of their non F-Body car BUT what purpose does it serve for a Mustang guy (I noted his post count was very low... like 4 or something) to come to a F-Body board and post pics of his Mustang??? I assumed he was doing it to try and get a "rise" out of the people here but so long as things remained "cool", no problem and he could show off his car. However, things didn't remain cool (probably because others too might have noticed his post count and likely assumed he was just trying to start trouble) so it was closed