Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Check out these under the hood dress-ups

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 01:56 PM

Post Check out these under the hood dress-ups

I came across this site and wasnt sure if anyone knew about it. I'm sure you all have but in case not, here you go!
www.mbaproducts.com <---(Neat engine dressup ideas)

I also have a question!

Q: (on a stock 96 hood with heat extracters)Are their any applications I could use for it to be functionable. Someone told me that there is a product that can make this work. I saw it on a website and I forget the web address. It's closed off and I would like to know where I could buy a grill for the heat extracter openings. I want to cut out the openings but I dont want dirt and rain to get it. Sounds kinda like an I dunno kinda thing. Is this a bad idea? I would think it would be good to have the air suck in through my hood and cool my engine. Please reply and tell me what you think and give any suggestions. Thanks.

------------------
1996 Camaro Z28 LT1
Engine: 8 cylinder-350
Transmission: Automatic

MODIFICATIONS
Exhaust: Flowmaster Catback
Intake: SLP Dual Cold Air Induction/Granatelli MAF/Vortech Elbow/58mm Edelbrock Throttle Body/Hood Heat Extracter Cut-Out

COMING SOON!
Suspension:
SLP level one
Brake Kit: Baer Brake kit

(It's Black and Beautiful)
Old 09-11-2002, 10:31 AM

Actually the MBA site that you referenced has aluminum grill inserts that replace the fake plastic OEM pieces. I have these and can attest they are a high quality piece. Some people have cut out the area behind these vents to make them functional though I haven't done this yet. I considered drilling out the piece behind, using the MBA insert as a template of sorts, but this was easier said than done! At any rate, hopefully a few guys who have this functional mod will let you know how it works...
Old 09-11-2002, 11:14 AM

I recall seeing a post on this forum a few months back about the heat extractors. I believe the majority of people said it wasn't really a worthwhile mod BUT then again... its your car, you do what you want to it, right?

BTW... MBA has a lot of awesome accessories for our cars. They're a sponsor of this site.