Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

CarSponsorships.com - getting your car sponsored...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

Arrow CarSponsorships.com - getting your car sponsored...

(I also posted this in the Lounge, but I think some of you folks here in the Appearance section might find some interest in it)

I am sure some of you guys have heard of this company before. You submit your car to them and they find you sponsors for goods for your car. I was always curious about how it works and if it worked well. I was also somewhat skeptical, as I am sure you folks are as well.

Well, here's the skinny:
We got in contact with each other a little while ago, and I have been speaking with them quite a bit. They want to work with CamaroZ28.Com and want to get some of the folks here to get their cars involved. Don't let the slightly import theme fool you, they are pretty confident that they can hook up some of the cars here on this site because it they scout for any kind of car.

Here is the link to check it out:
CarSponsorships.com

Here is the press release they sent me, have a look:
CarSponsorships.com is a sponsorship placement agency working with many established, well-known and reputable automotive companies around the world like: Dunlop, Blaupunkt, B&G Suspension, Raveann Wheels, American Bass, Mimo USA, Decalkits.com, Performance Auto & Sound Mag., Rblox Sound Control, Vision Bulbs, EA Evolutions, Raveann.com Wheels, and many others. These companies use our services to screen potential individuals before sponsorships are awarded to them. CarSponsorships.com looks for individuals who are willing to promote their sponsors products, have a great attitude, and be a car enthusiast.

CarSponsorships.com is for everyone! Whether you own a car, truck, motorcycle, go-cart, racecar or looking to get a SPL sponsorship we have companies that are willing to help you excel in your category. That's right, we have even issued youngsters full sponsorships for their go-carts! There is no faster, easier, more affordable way to find out if you have what it takes to get sponsored! Apply Online Today!

CarSponsorships.com
Corporate Headquarters - Fort Myers, FL
I decided to give it a shot myself and I submitted my own Camaro to see how it goes. I am pretty interested to see how this pans out for not only my car, but for the folks here on the site. Like I said, they are very confident on our crowd, so click this link (or the banner as it roates by at the top) and check it out, sign up if you like the idea and give it a shot. I am pretty interested to see what happens!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:03 PM

Re: CarSponsorships.com - getting your car sponsored...

Do you have to pay anything?
Old 03-25-2005, 12:28 AM

Jason,
Keep us posted on how this works for you. I visited the sight and read the small print of the agreement. If you get accepted for 1 sponsorship you are charged an $89.00 set-up fee. The sponsorship does not have to be accepted by the applicant and thus, no set-up fee, if I understand the agreement. Also, the sponsorship may be cash or products. I suspect products are more frequently provided compared to cash; much easier for the sponsor. Would love to see such a program w/ many of the manufacturers/retailors that cater to F-bodies. I will be very interested in your results.
Thanks!
Old 03-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

We'll see how it goes.

I suggest if you are interested, READ the policies and the program details, FAQs, etc. It fills you in. Don't expect too much, but I was told that somewhere on one of my local club boards that one guy got hooked up with a stereo system that was pretty respectable.

Most of the stuff they claim to offer on their site is middle-ground stuff, but Dunlop, WheelsNext and Blaupunkt are NOT small companies. I am not sure what it takes to get hooked up with that.

But again, read everything and understand that what you get out of it.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:36 PM

WHOA! NO! SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE CARSPONSORSHIPS.COM IS A RIP OFF.

For one, they tell you you have to pay the $90 or whatever for the sponsorship. I thought it was a good deal, so I signed up for it. For awhile there, it was showing their fee in my bank's web banking interface, so I gladly awaited the arrival of my sponsorship package. A few weeks later, the $90 is no longer in my list of transactions. I waited a week and it still wasn't in my list at all, and I was showing that I still had the $90 so I figure "Alright, apparently I didn't get sponsored.." so I went ahead and took the fee out of my personal transaction history, and went ahead and spent the money on something else. A week later, when I so conveniently (I know they can't tell how much you have, but I know for a fact I'm not the only one this has happened to) had under $90 in my account, they charged me the $90 processing fee and told me I received the sponsorship. Over $200 later in overdraw fees and payments to get my account back to a positive balance, I find out that I'm sponsored by three companies (or so it seems)

First company, decalkits.com sponsored me for like $500 or $600 (forgive me for not having exact numbers, this was awhile ago) so I was like "WHOA SWEET! DASH KIT TIME!" Well the catch is that they break it down into x ammount in coupons, broken down by "$100 for side decals... $50 for decal kit... $100 for this $100 for that..." Browsing their site, it was quick to find out that it was NOT a great sponsorship.

The second sponsorship was from House of Audio or something (I can look this up when I get home, I'm at work right now) and it was a partial sponsorship in that I could purchase anything from their catalog "at cost" from the company, which they said was basically 50% off.

There was a third company, too, but I can't even remember what it was or anything about it, in other words it wasn't even good enough to pay attention to.

Unfortunately, this is their "general" sponsorship which they give to most people.. as everyone I've ever talked to has had this exact same sponsorship as well.

It's a great idea, but I'll tell ya, I spent the $90 for it and truthfully it was the worst money I've ever spent. I haven't yet used anything from the House of Audio or whatever catalog, and the Decalkits.com sponsorship (as far as my opinion goes) was worthless. I wrote a 5 paragraph essay on my attitude and enthusiasm for car shows, car events, and the like and how I would gladly promote the companies that sponsored me (thinking this would get me better sponsors... and it didn't.), apparently it really doesn't matter to them.

Who knows, maybe you guys will get better sponsors, but so far of the 5 or so people I've talked to, all 5 of them got the same sponsorship as me, and two of them got overdrawn too and consequently had to pay overdrawn fees and the like.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:45 PM

i filled out the app and sent it this morning. we will see what they have to offer. im kinda regret it after reading the last post. we will see i guess. hope it is not a rip off.

Last edited by SUPERSPORTBOY2; 03-25-2005 at 01:46 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 03-27-2005, 12:05 AM

I would agree with messeination, I also signed up a while ago and they charged me and the sponsorships I got we're the decalkits.com which is not what it seems, and house of boom audio which is only a quasi sponsorship meaning you have to BUY their products to save money another words NOT FREE OR SPONSORED what a rip, and then they changed it to a blaupunkt quasi sponsorship which is great, but again you have to BUY stuff from them which they set limits on how much you can buy and I already have a blaupunkt head unit Not what I was expecting. I also wrote an essay on how I could help my sponsor's and how I am in the process of trying to start a local car club etc etc, I also applied for their HIN sponsorship and communicate back and forth with my supposed agent with no results. If they are going to offer sponsorships they should offer them for REAL products you can use such as a stereo system mentioned above or rims or tires etc
Old 03-29-2005, 01:03 PM

Bumping this to the top, hopefully we can get some more feedback, I personally would love to hear positive feedback because it IS a great idea (carsponsorships.com, I mean) but so far I've only heard negative...
Old 03-29-2005, 01:13 PM

Then obviously it must suck...Let me tell you from years of sponsoring my show car by myself and even trying a few times to get "sponsored" it is very difficult if not impossible to get anything free out of a company...Just my .02
Old 03-29-2005, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroCasanova
Then obviously it must suck...Let me tell you from years of sponsoring my show car by myself and even trying a few times to get "sponsored" it is very difficult if not impossible to get anything free out of a company...Just my .02
Definitely agree on that.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:46 PM

It is a ripoff. I too know from experience. They gave me the same crappy sponsorships as the otehr guy. Nothing else after that. Its obvious that they are making their money through some sort of affiliation with the other companies. I know of 3 or 4 other people that havent got any other sponsorships either. From experience, do not waste your money on this POS scam.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:57 PM

Any news from the guys that said they had just applied? SUPERSPORTBOY2 or Jason?

Last edited by meissen; 04-24-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:54 AM

Could we maybe sticky this for people to post their experience? I know a lot of people would rather know that everyone is getting the same sponsorship for $89 than thinking for $89 they might get a sponsorship for a free GFX kit or rims or something.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Admin Emeritus

I really haven't heard any feedback other than what has already been posted. I am not participating, mosty due to the things said in this thread. It all kind of fizzled.

Thay paid to sponsor this site for a month, once that runs out (which is today), they won't be renewing.

So, I am going to close this if no one minds.