Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Can someone find me some more pics of this Japenesse Bodykit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 05:55 PM

Can someone find me some more pics of this Japenesse Bodykit?

Well for a winter project me and a friend are gonna attempt to learn how to fiberglass. I have a front fascia from my camaro when it got wrecked and everything that is broke on it is what will be replaced so we are going to use that as a guide and atempt to replicate (sort of some changes are in mind) this kit. T.i.a.

Any pics from dfferent angles would be appericated and some pics of the sides and rear bumper too. Thanks
Old 12-03-2002, 06:10 PM

screw a pic...

screw more pics of the thing, i wanna know where i can buy it, that is the badest front that i have ever scene. it reminds me all to much of a ferrari. i must have it.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:16 PM

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...221628&page=13
Old 12-03-2002, 06:18 PM

Re: Can someone find me some more pics of this Japenesse Bodykit?

Originally posted by 95m6
Well for a winter project me and a friend are gonna attempt to learn how to fiberglass. I have a front fascia from my camaro when it got wrecked and everything that is broke on it is what will be replaced so we are going to use that as a guide and atempt to replicate (sort of some changes are in mind) this kit. T.i.a.

Any pics from dfferent angles would be appericated and some pics of the sides and rear bumper too. Thanks
A Ferrari? I've never seen a Ferrari close to that. Sorry, but it reminds me of a Civic. I thank God it's not sold here.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:23 PM

About Glass

By the way dude, if you haven't ever done any glass work before then I would not recommend that you and a buddy try to make this thing in your garage. There is alot of time and effort involved, especially in something like that. You would be better off to find out where you can get it and buy it. you would save much more time and sanity by doing it this way. Just some friendly advice.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Gripenfelter
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...221628&page=13
Wrong kit... that is the Stella / Vizage Kit... he is looking for the BSM kit, there are several photos on my page (NOT MY CAR):

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=206298&page=7
Old 12-03-2002, 06:54 PM

Yea I know it'd be alot easier and less time consuming but I've only heard of 1 kit that has even been for sale in the us. and it was waaayyyy to much for me to actually think of buying it. I'd definatly be putting it into the engine b/4 a bodykit. However if I can atleast get some practice working with fiberglass before I attempt to build a sub box (the real reason I want to learn how to fiberglass.) Then it will just look 100x better than attempting one without any practice. Btw it really shouldn't be that hard since on the bumper we are testing on, almost everythng that would give us a challange is aready there (i.e. eveything above that grove + turn signal area) so I dont think it wil be that hard. All we can do is try it. If it gets screwed up oh well atleast we tried it.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:01 PM

Yea I know it'd be alot easier and less time consuming but I've only heard of 1 kit that has even been for sale in the us. and it was waaayyyy to much for me to actually think of buying it. I'd definatly be putting it into the engine b/4 a bodykit. However if I can atleast get some practice working with fiberglass before I attempt to build a sub box (the real reason I want to learn how to fiberglass.) Then it will just look 100x better than attempting one without any practice. Btw it really shouldn't be that hard since on the bumper we are testing on, almost everythng that would give us a challange is aready there (i.e. eveything above that grove + turn signal area) so I dont think it wil be that hard. All we can do is try it. If it gets screwed up oh well atleast we tried it.
You do not want to fiberglass Urethane onto ABS plastic. You will want to use Industrial Epoxy Resin. Ask around at body shops, fiberglass is not the way to go... for what it's worth I have photos of my fully molded bodykit on my webpage.. check my sig.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by pu12en12g
You do not want to fiberglass Urethane onto ABS plastic. You will want to use Industrial Epoxy Resin. Ask around at body shops, fiberglass is not the way to go... for what it's worth I have photos of my fully molded bodykit on my webpage.. check my sig.

Thanks for the heads up on that! Would they have it at places like Advanced Auto Parts?? Also whats a resonable price that I should expect to pay?..I dont want to be getting riped off by some place..Thanks
Old 12-13-2002, 04:37 PM

Hey,
If you want a fighting chance at something like this here's what I would do. Get ahold of rthe stock part you want to mod. Get maybe some plasticine modeling clay or any type of modeling clay and build it up how you want it, AS SMOOTHE AS POSSIBLE, then make a mold out of plaster or else rubber first then plaster. You will have way more control and a better chance working a mold than trying to glob stuff onto a part. Once you have the mold you work backwards, clear/gel/smoothe coat first, then layers of whatever you decide to use. If the first one poops on you because it's not strong where it needs to be, you can reenforce the next one with almost anything. All you'll be out is the materials as you'll still have the mold if you remembered to lay down some sort of release.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up on that! Would they have it at places like Advanced Auto Parts?? Also whats a resonable price that I should expect to pay?..I dont want to be getting riped off by some place..Thanks
No, you want to check with local auto body shops.... check where they get their stuff. Remember you have to compromise between flexibility, strength, drying time, etc...

Also PLEASE keep in mind this stuff is TOXIC.

Prices: You want to buy it in bulk.. not ounces... that's the best advice I can give you..
Old 12-14-2002, 11:44 PM

I filled in my headlight corner part with fiberglass. It kinda resembles the headlight look in some of the pictures posted above. Here is a link, my car is the red 94 Z28:

http://geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadi...cool_carz.html