Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Bumblebee wears a Bowtie...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:17 PM

Bumblebee wears a Bowtie...

That was the catchphrase at the Camaro/Bumblebee Chevy display at the NY Auto show.

Bumblebee.jpg?t=1240542108

Just some trivia I found out at the show about Bumblebee and the new Camaro I thought I'd share.

1. Bumblebee is a re-skinned Pontiac GTO. An actual driveable Camaro was not available at the time of the movie shoot.

2. None of Bumblebee's skin will line up or fit an actual Camaro. And something I never noticed is that the gas tank neck is on the rear quarter exposed and on a real Camaro it's behind a regular gas door on the passenger side rear quarter. Sorry, not visible in the pic.

3. The nice Ram-air hood pictured above will not be available for the Camaro unless someone makes an aftermarket one. Same goes for the front bumper and fog light setup. Bumblebee exclusives for now.

4. The black bowtie with the red outline in the front grill is no longer offered by Chevy on any model. Camaros will come with the gold bowtie. And if you look at the robot... he has a gold bowtie and the car has the black/red one. Unknown which one he'll sport in the movie or if there'll be that mis-match between car/robot Bumblebee.

5. The new Camaro will NOT be available with T-tops because they somehow no longer pass crash tests but convertibles do ? So no T-tops. And getting the Camaro as a hardtop gains you about 2 inches of headroom because the hardtop roof is bulged over your head as you can kinda see in the pic above. Kind of a reverse mohawk.

That's about it... don't know if this post will be moved but since most of the info is related to the appearance of the Camaro/Bumblebee I figured I'd put it here.

By the way...

www.mychevyphoto.com

Just answer some non-sense questions and you can see all the photos people took with Bumblebee robot/car for free.

Last edited by igobuk; 04-23-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: mistyped info.