Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Body work estimate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 02:16 PM

Body work estimate?

What do you guys think it would cost to replace the drivers side quarter, and repaint the front bumper around the drivers side, rear bumper, and blending into the pass side quarter? My insurance company is only covering $980 of my damage to the driver quarter, which includes replacing the panel, and blending the driver door and rear bumper. My front nose is badly chipped up, as well as a few scratches on the front fender from a previous hit and run on me. I plan on prepping the front and rear bumpers myself, sanding and primering to save cost, so the shop just has to come thru and spray them. Do you guys think I can get this done for an additional $1,500 ($2,500 total), it is the Mystic Teal paint. I should be coming through with a tuition reimbursement check within a month or so.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:45 AM

So no one has any rough estimate of what they think it would cost me to have this done?
Old 06-10-2004, 06:12 PM

Your post doesn'tadd up, are you talking about the quarter panels or the front fenders, there is no way you can get a quarter panel, and change it out for less than $1000. Changing a quarter panel is an extensive job. Something doesn't add up.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:40 PM

Read a little closer. I did specify the quarter as needing replaced, not the front fender. All damage is driver's side.

I mention that there are 2 places of damage on the car. Front corner was hit in first hit-and-run, needing repainting of front nose and driver side fender. Second hit-an-run damaged the driver's side quarter panel (this is the "rear" panel ) which needs replaced. I plan on prepping and priming the front and rear fenders myself. I was going to have them blend the passenger side quarter (the other "rear" panel) as well since they will be spraying the rear bumper.

I know a quarter cannot be changed for $1,000. That is why I asked if this can be done for around $2,500. The insurance quote for the REAR damage only, which included replacing the quarter panel, blending the driver door and rear bumper was $1,980. The shop I am having it done at originally quoted me at about $500 less than this, before the insurance quoted it.

I was just asking if TOTAL, this can be done for about $2,500 if I prep the front and rear bumpers myself.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:13 PM

It really depends on the shop. I think $2500 would be cutting it close since they are going to have to mask off alot of stuff just to do the front bumper.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:09 PM

Alright, first off, car terminology from front to back: Front Bumper Cover, Fenders, Doors, Quarter Panels, Rear Bumper Cover. No rear fenders. So insurance is covering the quarter panel part and remove and replace, and blend into the door, and paint the rear bumper. If there is only damage to one side of the bumper, they will not color the entire bumper so there is no need to paint the other quarter. Basically, they will color the damaged area and blend out from the damage, and clear the entire thing so there is no color on the other side and therefore no need to paint the other quarter. So now we are talking about painting one fender and the bumper cover. I'd say you can do that for less than 1500. I recommend against doing the prep yourself as if the paint fails, its on you, you did the prep.

Patrick
Old 06-11-2004, 11:17 PM

Well from what he said, he needs his quarter panel repaired, thats alot of money. Then he wants his rear bumper and quarter panel painted. His front bumper and fender are also damaged from a previous hit and run. So the only thing not being painted on his one side is the door, and I would imagine the body shop would just paint it rather than blend a door in both directions. So basically $2500 for all that seems tight.