Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Barrett-Jackson, can you believe GM is having to see these cars?!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:28 PM

Barrett-Jackson, can you believe GM is having to see these cars?!

Oh man! If selling Jon Moss's ZL-1 wasn't bad enough several months ago, this takes the cake! Two of my favorite GM show cars are being sold TODAY and the rest of this week!

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...5.1&pop=0&it=1

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...339&pop=0&it=1

It's so sad! I hope the "Sultan of Michigan" picks them up!!!

There are more for sale than just these, but for me, these two take the cake!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:10 PM

I like this 1984 vette wagon. i remember seeing it in a magazine a few years ago. its basically a 1984 caprice wagon with a corvette motor and suspension i believe. it was used for testing.

Name:  vettewagon.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  38.1 KB

With the absence of a 1983 production Corvette, GM needed a method to test their new powertrains so they installed them in a small fleet of B-Body wagons. A true piece of Corvette history. Rescued from the Milford Proving Grounds. Sold on a Bill of Sale.
Details: Dubbed the "Corvette Chaser" in November 1986 by the editors at "Car and Driver", this Caprice wagon was originally built to field test the new Corvette L98 engine. Upon completion of the testing, it was adopted by the Corvette Development Group at the Milford Proving Grounds and used as a support vehicle on engineering test trips. Over time it was outfitted with a number of features designed to help it keep up with Corvettes. Modifications include the addition of a dual exhaust system, 36 gallon fuel tank, 3.23 posi-traction axle ratio, performance steering gear, increased front and rear stabilizer bars, added air shocks, designed to increase load carrying capacity, and the addition of Corvette wheels/tires, sports seat and steering wheel. Additional special appearance items were also added such as headlamp covers to protect the lamps from stone damage, blacked-out grille, dark tinted side windows, Corvette emblem on the rear cargo door, a Corvette windshield decal and Tuned Port Injection emblems on the front fenders. The car represents a unique piece of Corvette history. Tested for years on Corvette trips throughout the United States, this affectionately named Corvette Wagon became a valued member of the Corvette fleet and even spent some time on display at the National Corvette Museum. THIS IS A CONCEPT VEHICLE. NEITHER GM NOR BARRETT-JACKSON MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE VEHICLE, INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VEHICLE IS NOT CERTIFIED TO COMPLY WITH ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS AND MAY NOT BE DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS. THIS VEHICLE WILL BE CONVEYED TO BUYER WITH NO MANUFACTURER STATEMENT OF ORIGIN (MSO) OR TITLE AND THE VEHICLE DOES NOT HAVE A COMPLETE VIN. SOLD ON BILL OF SALE ONLY.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM

GM did something similar for the 1997 Corvette, they tested the drivetrain in a Camaro. They called it the Cor-Maro, I haven't checked and seen if it's hidden somewhere on here up for auction. Right now I'm saving all the Firebird pics and info...
Old 04-09-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
GM did something similar for the 1997 Corvette, they tested the drivetrain in a Camaro. They called it the Cor-Maro, I haven't checked and seen if it's hidden somewhere on here up for auction. Right now I'm saving all the Firebird pics and info...
there is a 1997 corvette test car which is a C4. i don't know if BJ is doing the years right. i could have sworn that wagon was a 1983.

as for firebirds there are quite a few pace cars (1994 and 1999 daytonas) as well as a bunch of other daytona pace cars like an 88 GP. also some one off convertibles like a 2000 alero and 1992 achiva
Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 PM

B-J puts a lot of the race cars and hard to classify cars under the year 0, so if you search the archive, it pulls up any year with 0 in it. They put the blue Trans Am series Camaro race car in that category at Scottsdale. It sucks, because a search will pull up no more than 100 cars, and a search of 0 wants to bring up way more.

It doesn't look like the Cor-maro is on there right now, but it could have been sold at Scottsdale, and I just can't find it. I'm not sure what they would categorize it as. Surprisingly, Autoblog, Jalopnik, and other things that you would expect to cover every single car do a really crappy job of covering the cars. They just focus on the heavy hitters and 'popular' cars. I can only stand seeing so many '60s muscle cars and really late model stuff that is almost a dime a dozen. The only video on Speed channel's site of a Camaro is a '69.

The 302 Concept is on there:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&aid=284&pop=1

And this ZL1... which unless I'm wrong (doubt it) it should be a 2002:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&aid=284&pop=1
Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 AM

wow thats just insane. i want these cars.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:45 PM

Cool

The one with the flames just sold for $75,000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by MILESF
The one with the flames just sold for $75,000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just saw that. It cant even be driven on public roads
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 PM

And can never be registered!!!!!!!! It would make a great planter for the guys roses!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by The Captain
I just saw that. It cant even be driven on public roads
Like hell it can't!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:32 PM

Legal smeegal , they'd have to be able to catch the guy, and with that car... I don't think catching him is an option!

Is the video online somewhere? I don't have Speed channel.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:09 PM

I'm trying to hunt down pics and video from this thing since I don't have Speed channel and haven't had much luck (none).

However, I did run into this video of a 2010 Camaro ride and drive event going on at BJ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNLJwF_y0us
Old 04-12-2009, 01:40 PM

I took a video of the computer screen when the ZL1 and 3rd gen show car went across the block. I missed the PPG Pace Car; I didn't know when the auctions started the live broadcast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsRoe8GX1aE
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 PM

I saw the 84 wagon @ G12 last year
Old 04-17-2009, 02:09 PM

Why are all the cars sold with a "scrap title"?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Barrett-Jackson, can you believe GM is having to see these cars?!