Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Anyone deal with Fiberglass Fabricators, Inc?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:45 PM

Question Anyone deal with Fiberglass Fabricators, Inc?

i'm looking at buyin an SS hood from these guys because they're the most affordable, but have any of you dealt with them? i was just wondering about the fit and quality and customer service.
if not, maybe i'll be the ginuea pig and buy it anyways.

thanks,
Michael.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:25 PM

Re: Anyone deal with Fiberglass Fabricators, Inc?

Originally posted by mkent
i'm looking at buyin an SS hood from these guys because they're the most affordable, but have any of you dealt with them? i was just wondering about the fit and quality and customer service.
if not, maybe i'll be the ginuea pig and buy it anyways.

thanks,
Michael.
ive herd good and bad things about there fit, it all depends on which batch you get, good luck
Old 08-07-2003, 05:33 PM

Someone from ls1.com showed me his hood (T/A hood)
and said it was the worst hood ever they use some kinda oil based primer and the paint doesn't want to adhere properly
and all the mount points were off by a couple inches fitment sucked and blah blah blah but that was someone else not me

But I don't have one of their hoods
Old 08-07-2003, 05:42 PM

Ive heard good things and bad but I have one from them and it fit perfectly. Havent painted it yet so I dont know about the paint problems.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:08 PM

Re: Re: Anyone deal with Fiberglass Fabricators, Inc?

Originally posted by chasmanz28
ive herd good and bad things about there fit, it all depends on which batch you get, good luck
i guess this is why i was wondering about their customer services....if this hood doesn't fit well then i them to pay for shipping and send me a new one back that will fit.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Anyone deal with Fiberglass Fabricators, Inc?

Originally posted by mkent
i guess this is why i was wondering about their customer services....if this hood doesn't fit well then i them to pay for shipping and send me a new one back that will fit.
thats what i would do, give them a call and see what they say, if you can get it in writing in case you have problems with the fit
Old 08-07-2003, 09:47 PM

Is this a functional RA hood? cause most of their hoods arent ...... about the customer service, i havent dealt with them too much.,... i have e-mailed them a few times in the past with questions on the hoods/kits... a couple times they did not respond and the times they did, they were real short... didnt really provide any info or the pics i had asked for, they just gave me some prices....
good luck though, but they dont seem to be to friendly.....
Old 08-07-2003, 10:58 PM

most (if not all) are not functional, this is why they're so cheap... i ordered one from there and they sent it quickly to me and i painted it about a year ago and so far it looks great, however it sticks up about 1/4 of an inch too high on one side cause it hits my cold air kit....

so i would say go for it but make sure it is functional if you want it to be.

i also noticed their prices went up about 50 bucks per hood in the last six months

a friend of mine just ordered one from there for his civic (ram air )so when it comes in i'll let you know the quality
Old 08-07-2003, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by 2_shady
Is this a functional RA hood? cause most of their hoods arent ...... about the customer service, i havent dealt with them too much.,... i have e-mailed them a few times in the past with questions on the hoods/kits... a couple times they did not respond and the times they did, they were real short... didnt really provide any info or the pics i had asked for, they just gave me some prices....
good luck though, but they dont seem to be to friendly.....
it's a nonfunctional hood. i'm not even for sure i'll get one, i would be stretching it to come up with the money and i'm just now moving out of my parents house. i have alot of stuff to buy right now for the apartment so this may be a bad idea. if they can guarantee that i will get a hood that fits right i may get one though.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:10 PM

oh i can almost guarantee that its gonna fit right but the ss one is what like 400 bucks? and its an automatic 100 for shipping and another 150-200 atleast for paint so think about it long and hard.

a pic of the one i got from there is in my sig....

note- the pics are without my new rims and gfx so the spoiler looks like ****
Old 08-08-2003, 07:41 AM

Note: The FFI 98+ SS hoods ARE NOT a EXACT REPLICA OF OEM, but the FFI 93-97 SS hoods ARE

Their customer service is excellent. They are now shipping their hoods in better packaging which protects the corners and edges better. I just ordered my second 93-97 SS Hood from them, and the finish of this one is better then the one I got last year. The gelcoat is perfect.

The issues with fitment are usually because of the many adjustments that can be made on the front fenders, and hood stops.

There are pics of my previous 93-97 SS hood on my website.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:34 AM

Lightbulb

Do a search on my username in this forum and include the terms SS and FFI. I did a smalll eval. of my hood pictured in my sig.