Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Anybody know anything about hubcaps?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 PM

On my daily driver (the Corolla) the guy who rotated my tires cracked one of my hubcaps, and long-story-short, they gave me an entire new set of hideous old lady Buick hubcaps as best as I can tell.

So what I'm wondering is... does anyone know if 1960s steel hubcaps will fit modern steel wheels? I was looking on ebay, and there are some baddddda$$ hubcaps for GTOs, Impalas, El Caminos, etc that say they are for 14 inch wheels. My concern is: will they attach to newer 14 inch wheels? Will there be conflict in that modern hubcaps are plastic, whereas some of these older ones are stainless steel?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:53 PM

So you want to put an old muscle car hubcap on your Corolla? Did I read that right?

Just because a hubcap is from a 14" wheel, it doesn't mean it will be interchangeable with another 14" wheel. And on top of that, it is likely that the way the hubcap is snapped or attached onto the wheel will be different from wheel to wheel. So whether the plastic and metal will fit is the least of the problem.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:07 PM

Essentially, that's my question. Will old ones attach to modern steel wheels? Or have steel wheels changed since the '60s?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:04 AM

"IF", the hubs attach to the lip of your rims, and almost all do, then it should be no problem.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Z28SORR
"IF", the hubs attach to the lip of your rims, and almost all do, then it should be no problem.
Thanks, that's probably all of what I needed assurance of.

We'll see what I end up with...
Old 02-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Banned

Re: Anybody know anything about hubcaps?

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Essentially, that's my question. Will old ones attach to modern steel wheels? Or have steel wheel cover changed since the '60s?
Does anyone have a picture of a 68 Camaro with the N96 wheel covers? Classic Industries appears to have these available under the GM part number 3903086. I was wondering if these are the same wheel covers that came on the Camaro if N96 was ordered...
Old 02-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jhnharvy773
Does anyone have a picture of a 68 Camaro with the N96 wheel covers? Classic Industries appears to have these available under the GM part number 3903086. I was wondering if these are the same wheel covers that came on the Camaro if N96 was ordered...
It's really great that you are using the "search" feature - few people take the time to do so. But the threads you are resurrecting (some up to 9 years old) are not related to your question other than they have the words "hub cap" in them. In this case, I would suggest posting your questions in a new thread, on the correct forum.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 AM

lol I was like "WTF" when I saw this topic by me. It's so old I forgot I even had hubcaps on that Corolla I sold in '09 LOL
Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Administrator

You will note that "jhnharvy773" has been banned. Turns out he was a spammer, using an IP address in the Philippines that was listed numerous times in the "stop spam" search site that we use.

Note that the post he quoted shows up as underlined. He made that change to cover up the fact that he was burying a link in the quote.

Last edited by Injuneer; 04-02-2012 at 04:00 PM.