Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

any aftermarket headlights for a 94 firebird?

Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 PM

any aftermarket headlights for a 94 firebird?

I'm looking @ changing out my stock halogen lights for something better, brighter, maybe even blue, problem is idk if they make anything other than a stock headlamp that will fit in these cars, ideas, suggestions, where to get what ever u may suggest, all would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:00 PM

Re: any aftermarket headlights for a 94 firebird?

I think this guy did something similar to what you wanna do:

http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22528
Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 PM

Yeah, something like that, I would actually like something more in a kit or something. Don't get me wrong, but I have absolutely terrible luck and if something can go wrong, chances are it's gonna do it 8 times for me lol. But I'm going to look into this, so there are hid kits u can retro fit into these cars without burning up the wiring? What are some precautions that I would need to take to prevent that? I've heard it's a problem and some people overlook it and wind up paying for it in the long run
Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 PM

It is simple to wire in relays to avoid wiring issues. A couple people half-*** their install and then the internet fire starts that HID's burn up stock wiring.

Most companies offer wiring harness with the sale of HID's. If you go with HID's do it the right way and retro-fit projectors as well. Don't be "that guy" running HID's in his stock housing going around with tons of glare pissing people off.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:59 AM

^lol. That guy sounds like maybe 25% of the people on the streets of Miami. I swear, just about every '95 Corolla has those HIDs. A while back I was stuck in traffic at night with a 350Z behind me and basically all the mirrors were completely blinding me. I had to turn them all away. But even the stock HIDs on the newer cars are bright as heck. Some of those Escalades that stuff are a PITA when coming towards you at night on one of those two lane US roads. Basically, I don't see the point of not getting HIDS if you really want them. I mean, just about everyone has them down here, and they're not even that blinding. As long as you get a decent install or do it yourself, the right way, I say go for it.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:08 AM

And a legal projector and HID setup would cost like hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Doesn't make much sense to put them into a $2k-$4k car unless you've already put mad money into it.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 AM

Cool so turn me the right direction for a good set of HID's and give me all the know how uve got. As far as tips and what to definitely not do. I'm not a dumb a$$, but I'm not a lightin mod type of guy, heck I've been looking around for the led replacements for my running lights I have seen out, but when I go to buy em, of course there isn't any. Remember what I said about my luck? Lol. So where to get a good HID kit, and what u feel is the best way to do the install, everything I need, so forth. All help appreciated. Also my bird has always had the sort of bouncing headlight issue, I think I need to pull my headlight assembleys out and find out why. It wasn't wrecked,but the guys daughter that drove the car for the last 2 months they had it was apparently dicking with all sorts of stuff so she could get mommy to go get her a new 5. Slow MUT STANG, intentional sp on that. So on top of the idiot that formerly worked on the car when I didn't have time and that, well guys, I've got a full dance card. BUT I have it working flawlessly now, just waiting on my new pcm, stick the T/A hood and bumper cover on it, put in the foglights and the HID mod will already be done, then it's off to paint, candy true blue over galaxy silver with a bit more metallic flake than dupont intended, not freakish amounts, just a touch more, and a subtle fade @ the bottom and I'll be rid of the uggly green that's pealing the cc off.
One more question guys, does anybody make a 98+ style Ram air hood for a 94 firebird? Keep in mind, it will not be a formula much longer before u say it would look terrible lol. I know they make a hood like that for 93-97 camaros because I see a whit z28 with a ls1 style ram air hood on it everyday @ school. Thanx for the advice/ help and info.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM

So apparently I need to go do some reaearch on HID's. I habe some cash into my car, not enough to justify $5k on lights lol. Any other suggestions? I'm not willing to drop that kind of coin on lights. Maybe after the paint. But not now. Are there any other options for aftermarket lighting? 500,000 candle power spot lights maybe??? Lol
Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Doing a HID retrofit isn't going to cost you thousands. You can get a set of HID bulbs and ballasts for $50. There is a guy who retrofitted a bi-xenon projector housing into the stock housing to allow proper HID operation- cut-off on low beams and then high beams. But it also involved him vacuum molding a new bowled lens since the projector stuck out past the front edge. Probably more than what you want to get into.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:49 PM

So if u could give me an idea as to how to do this, if yould pm me with the details, yeah plastic molding isn't something I'm gonna be able to do lol
Old 02-12-2011, 12:33 AM

As far as HID's I bought mine from DDM Tuning- they are getting out of the HID game so order quick from them. Other than that company I have heard HID Gate is good quality, but I can't verify for sure.

Honestly If you aren't going to put HID's in a projector please don't do it. You will lose you high beam function and by the time you aim them low enough to eliminate as much glare as possible you will hate not having high beams. Going with one of the other headlights that was suggested earlier that take a normal hi/low bulb is going to be your easiest approach IMO.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:58 PM

Here's a guy who used FX45/35 projectors on his T/A. I'm in the process of buying the parts.

http://www.lt1engine.com/tech/93-97-...or-conversion/

Also, there is a kit available:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...dlight-gp.html