Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

All 93-02 Firebird guys who have MADE clear rear sidemarkers; in here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 11:27 AM

Exclamation All 93-02 Firebird guys who have MADE clear rear sidemarkers; in here!

Some of you may know I have done a write up on how to make clear rear sidemarkers for your 4th gen Firebird, since no companies make them for 4th gens.

Here is the write up, and here is a picture of it

I was just wondering, for all who made them using my instructions, how are they holding up? Mine are holding up fine, but a little dirt has collected around the silicone. Oh well, I can't really notice it.

But has anyone had any problems with them when they made them? No one has ever emailed me asking for help, or saying they messed up. If people are having problems, I would like to try and help them, and maybe add a few more things to my write up.

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2003, 09:45 PM

TTT, I know a few people had to have made them!
Old 05-28-2003, 02:21 AM

hey, can this be done on the front turn signals?
Old 05-28-2003, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by ArcticYT95TA
Yah, you can make the front ones, or order them from www.procarparts.com
Yep. Before procarparts.com started making them, I know there is at least one member that made his own front turn signals.

But now that they are being made....it would just be easier to buy them, like I did.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:13 PM

I might go to a salvage yard and get some used ones (if they are less that $50), and try it out, the aftermarketones are like 50 buck, and right now, I could use that money for something better.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by ArcticYT95TA
www.procarparts.com has them for cheaper. In the end, I swear, it is going to be easier to just buy them, and install, rather than fab up. You might get away with doing it cheaper, might, but the time invested may be a little more than you want.
Word

And they are more "legal" too, since they have reflectors in them. Technically, my clear rear markers are illegal since they don't have reflectors (at least I think they are illegal)
Old 05-29-2003, 09:35 PM

I made my own front signals. There was actually about an hour of time invested and $5. Turned out really great too. Buy some ceiling panel crap they put over flourecent lights and trace a pattern from the stock signal. I gave myself some room and cut way around my trace line and used a wire wheel to trim the rest so I didnt splinter the material. I rubber banded the piece I made onto the signal since it has a curved shape to it and stuck it in the oven for a few minutes to "reshape" the material. I then epoxied it to the stock housing and let it dry. Can't go wrong for $5 and a little time.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by superal
I made my own front signals. There was actually about an hour of time invested and $5. Turned out really great too. Buy some ceiling panel crap they put over flourecent lights and trace a pattern from the stock signal. I gave myself some room and cut way around my trace line and used a wire wheel to trim the rest so I didnt splinter the material. I rubber banded the piece I made onto the signal since it has a curved shape to it and stuck it in the oven for a few minutes to "reshape" the material. I then epoxied it to the stock housing and let it dry. Can't go wrong for $5 and a little time.
thats what I mean, I already have a piece of lexan laying around ( from when I made clear turn signals for my good ol' 77 mustang) some epoxi, a dremel and a roto-zip... what else do I need??? oops,my car is at the shop getting a paint job, damn guy, he's been goofin off for 4 weeks now. damn ( <---- looks like he's pushin some poopie )
Old 05-29-2003, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by 95 3.8
thats what I mean, I already have a piece of lexan laying around ( from when I made clear turn signals for my good ol' 77 mustang) some epoxi, a dremel and a roto-zip... what else do I need??? oops,my car is at the shop getting a paint job, damn guy, he's been goofin off for 4 weeks now. damn ( <---- looks like he's pushin some poopie )
Sounds like you have everything you need. Just be careful cutting out the lexan because it splinters and cracks easily. Dont forget the bfh and pliers for getting off the red turn signal lenses.