Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

98+ headlights into lt1 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:37 AM

Re: 98+ headlights into lt1 thread

Originally Posted by reamo04
they have to be cut on both sides actually.
Do you have any pictures of how they were cut? or do you have measurements of how much to cut off?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dkbaysinger
Do you have any pictures of how they were cut? or do you have measurements of how much to cut off?
Nope, I just took the front bumper cover off, eyeballed where I wanted them, and drew lines with a sharpie where to cut. I never finished them though. I cut one, and thats as far as I ever got.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:01 PM

Bummer... Hopefully someone will post up a tutorial after finished.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dkbaysinger
Bummer... Hopefully someone will post up a tutorial after finished.
You haven't started this yet? I thought I was gonna be able to copy your work. I've been doin some research of my own I think this is do-able but now I gotta order some headlights so I can get started.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM

This really shouldn't be that hard as long as you have the tools to do it. I think you'd just take the front bumper off, measure how wide the gap is, mark how wide the gap is on the headlamp, and then you know how much to cut off. And then place the headlamp on the bumper and draw around it so you know how much of the bumper needs to be cut to fit the shape of the lamp. Of course... that last step might be a bit difficult until you know how much of the lamp is going to stick out once you mount the lamp... maybe you need to cut the lamp first, then install it in the mounting brackets (if it even fits) and then try reattaching the bumper...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
This really shouldn't be that hard as long as you have the tools to do it. I think you'd just take the front bumper off, measure how wide the gap is, mark how wide the gap is on the headlamp, and then you know how much to cut off. And then place the headlamp on the bumper and draw around it so you know how much of the bumper needs to be cut to fit the shape of the lamp. Of course... that last step might be a bit difficult until you know how much of the lamp is going to stick out once you mount the lamp... maybe you need to cut the lamp first, then install it in the mounting brackets (if it even fits) and then try reattaching the bumper...
you have to make all new brackets. I found that much out. I was going to do it all without cutting the bumper at all is how I was planning it
Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Well as long as it still looks amazing
Old 04-07-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I considered going this route as well...but decided getting lights that were already the right width was going to be much easier..
Old 04-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Update?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:46 PM

I'm still workin on my bumper almost finished though just gotta prep it and get it ready for primer and paint then I'll start on the headlight....maybe, depending on how good the bumper looks.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:24 PM

Alright. Thank you for the update.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:45 PM

Any pics yet?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Updates? Sorry for all the posts.... just really wanting to invest in this mod!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:40 AM

After mounting the new bumper I'm not 100% sure I wanna do the lights now I wanna finish the bumper get it painted to get a better idea of what it'll look like and if it'll actually enhance the look of the car or make it worse. If there's no real difference either way I'll go ahead and do it just to have brighter lights with the halo ring. I already have custom headlight housings I can change bulbs without having to change the entire housing so if I really wanted brighter lights I can just buy a brighter bulb, the 98+ headlight mod for me would be strictly for looks.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 AM

Thats what I am wanting. I am wanting that look.

Quick Reply: 98+ headlights into lt1 thread