Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

30th Anniversary Seat Cover Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 PM

Exclamation 30th Anniversary Seat Cover Options

Im trying to figure out which option was more sought after in the 1997 30th Anniversary Camaros.

A) All White Leather Seats

B) White Leather Seats With Black and White Houndstooth Inners Panels.

All the statistic websites i have looked at mention nothing about the seat cover options??

Any ones help would be greatly appriciated!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:22 AM

Brangeta, where are you?

He should be able to help you out.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:18 PM

Thanks, Ive contacted him. hopefully he has some light into the info I need. Its suprising how there is such little info on such a subject. ??
Old 03-21-2009, 03:13 PM

Hey Todd, 1,412 had the houndstooth, and 3,121 were just white leather. I don't think the all-white leather seats wear very well, so I would recommend the houndstooth. The houndstooth seats have cloth centers, and I bet they wear a bit better than the white leather centers which typically tear. That's really all the information I have on them I think...

You should join 35thle.com's message board, they have a 30th Anniversary section on there with a lot of owners. The owner of #100 of the 100 LT4 30th Anni SSes is on there even. Heck, the guy who owns the last 35th Anniversary SS is on there too.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:58 AM

Thanks much for the help and info!! Did you find it on a website?? I searched everywhere and found nothing.

As for my seats, I had the All White Leather Seats in my car, and not only was it hard to keep them clean, they wore out and tore very easily with the perforations. I am replacing them, and was wondering what the statistics were. I was leaning towards the Houndstooth, and after this, thats what i will be ordering.

And I will def check out the other site.
Thanks once again for the help!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Onebad97Z28
Thanks much for the help and info!! Did you find it on a website?? I searched everywhere and found nothing.

As for my seats, I had the All White Leather Seats in my car, and not only was it hard to keep them clean, they wore out and tore very easily with the perforations.
I am in the same situation. My drivers side seat cover is shot and the rest of the white leather has become somewhat discolored over time. Where are you ordering your new white leather from?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 AM

Im getting mine from a place in California called Camaro King. When I was stationed out there, I had origionally went to the guys dealership and looked at a camaro, but it was out of my price range. He only deals with camaros and firebirds. Heres a link to one of his ebay items, however hes got a number to call him if you want something that he doesnt have listed. I also had him email me a picture of the seat logo with a ruler beside it to measure it. I ordered a set of seat covers a yr ago off of ebay, brand new, and claiming to be origional blah blah blah. well, i got them and the 30th logo was like twice the size of my origional. after a lenghtly battle, i got my money back and sent the covers back. So, i had this guy prove his covers are legit. i got the pics if you want me to forward them to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260365584680
Old 03-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Banned

My 30th Z had the all white leather seats when I bought it. The perforated leather was cracked between the holes when I got it, and after a couple of years of driving it (sparingly, mind you) the leather had torn and left a large, gaping hole. My stepdad does interior upholstery, so I looked through his swatches and picked orange/black houndstooth and white vinyl since the vinyl will last longer than real leather and costs less. We had the logos scanned and reproduced at a local embroidery shop.

The results can be seen in my sig. The seats turned out wonderfully, and they're a real eye-catcher. The houndstooth will hold up to wear much better than the original perforated leather, and won't start to look dirty as quickly either.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM

I don't know how legit that Camaro King company is (not sure if they are the same as Camaro King LA), but I do respect the work they do, or at least the work Camaro King LA does. They do restore/convert some boring looking Camaros into something of interest.

Those seat covers definitely aren't legit, but I do like the car a lot.
As you can see, the car was originally black, which is good, because they do good work, and actually repaint the door jams.

Neat stuff. Definitely wish they were in Dallas.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:02 PM

They are the same. Camaro King, Camaro King LA
Old 03-24-2009, 01:07 PM

Oh ok, thanks. I know there are two different sites, and I didn't want to look into it. AKA read.

http://camaroking.com/
http://camarokingla.com/
Old 03-24-2009, 01:10 PM

Ya, I dont know why the have two sites, But the dealer is United Motors.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I don't know how legit that Camaro King company is (not sure if they are the same as Camaro King LA), but I do respect the work they do, or at least the work Camaro King LA does. They do restore/convert some boring looking Camaros into something of interest.
[img]*snip*[/img]

Boy, they must not have much imagination over there. Every single car has the same 35th anniversary style stripes and black seats with body color inserts.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:27 PM

Yeah, they remind me of GMMG cars, like the Bergers, Tom Henrys, ZL1s, etc. Nothing wrong with that, in fact, there's a lot of good to it. I'd rather see Camaros that look like this than what I'm used to seeing around here: Autozone quarter panel vents, chrome things in the wheel wells, and gross wheels.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:31 PM

I agree. And with what im looking for, a replacement set of seat covers, they are the first Ive found that the logo is a carbon copy of the orgional seat logo. After what I went through, I dont want to go through that again!!

Quick Reply: 30th Anniversary Seat Cover Options