Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

30th Anniversary Seat Cover Options

Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Yeah, they remind me of GMMG cars, like the Bergers, Tom Henrys, ZL1s, etc. Nothing wrong with that, in fact, there's a lot of good to it. I'd rather see Camaros that look like this than what I'm used to seeing around here: Autozone quarter panel vents, chrome things in the wheel wells, and gross wheels.
They definitely look good for what they are. I just wish there was a little more variety to them rather than just a different color combo.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:09 AM

You know, I kind of like the idea of orange houndstooth inserts surrounded by white leather... But I am stuck on keeping my car as a factory stock example. I have seen the eBay sales offers for the white seat covers also and I am skeptical about how correct they are, and at ~a grand+$, it's a serious gamble. Orange/black and white is sounding good though!

Last edited by likittysplit; 03-25-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by likittysplit
But I am stuck on keeping my car as a factory stock example. I have seen the eBay sales offers for the white seat covers also and I am skeptical about how correct they are, and at ~a grand+$, it's a serious gamble.
The Camaro King has "Correct" seat covers. I had the guy send me pics of the 30th logo with a ruler laying next to it to compare to my stock seat covers. He also stated that the logo on his covers is a carbon copy of the stock. I have them if you would like to see them.

Its been hard for me to find "Origional Style" covers, as I want to keep my car "Stock" looking. Around here where I live, no upholstery shop will repo me new seats with the logo on it, due to copyrighting laws. They did say they could take the top part of the seat and use it in a new seat cover, but thats just stupid.

And I have already went through the same problem with a previous ebay purchase. They were supposed to be just like stock, but ended up the logo was twice the size as stock. After a lenghtly argument, the guy took them back and refunded my money.

So, I made sure to investigate the Camaro King Seats. Ive ordered a set, so, I will post what I think of them
Old 03-25-2009, 04:22 PM

I bought some "pre owned" leather seat material from Camaro King on ebay, and the transaction went very nicely. I didn't read the auction carefully enough and ended up with passenger seat leather rather than drivers seat leather. Works fine on the bottom, but if you installed the passenger upper as is on the driver's seat, you'd have the old seat belt guide holes visible.

For a very small amount of $ and a week of my time to send the upper part back, he took some factory material and made me a new side panel that eliminated the holes. The work looked just like factory.

Based on how he resolved my own error on that deal, I'd definitely buy from him again.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:43 PM

Re: 30th Anniversary Seat Cover Options

Reviving an old thread after over 5 years of dormancy!

I'm about to get a 97 with all leather seats that need to be replaced. Been looking around on the net to see if anyone has anything. Being the car I'm getting is all stock from the air intake to the rectangle exhaust outlets I wanted to keep the interior stock and original too. It looks like right now I don't have the money to spend on genuine all leather seats.

I've found Leathal Interiors and Leatherseats.com.

Today I shot an email off to Lethal and he responded very quickly. Though he can do exact replicas it looks like the seat covers I opt for will not be all white nor leather. He told me of a high quality vinyl he uses that looks just like leather and lasts much longer. I may decided to get white with houndstooth insets, either black or orange. I have some time to decide. Good thing is he does the embroidering too.

It's tough to get non-identical seats in a car that hasn't been modified in any other way. Folks like you and I will know what is factory and what isn't. Most will see the car and whether they like it or not, not knowing what is factory and what isn't or just not caring. The car I'm getting is not going to win any awards this year, it needs some work, so I'm not so worried about it - just need replacement seat covers to get me through the next year or two.

RPO code on my car says white leather and that's what it has. Someday it will again. Maybe.

Last edited by Not Dave; 09-10-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:31 PM

I have recently looked around for the Artic White seats in leather and have been met with the same issue. I emailed Leatherseats.com and they responded but were way expensive, to me, for actual leather seats.

For 100% Vinyl: 1399.00
For 100% Leather: 2699.00
That was as of 08/25/2014

Originally Posted by Not Dave
Reviving an old thread after over 5 years of dormancy!

I'm about to get a 97 with all leather seats that need to be replaced. Been looking around on the net to see if anyone has anything. Being the car I'm getting is all stock from the air intake to the rectangle exhaust outlets I wanted to keep the interior stock and original too. It looks like right now I don't have the money to spend on genuine all leather seats.

I've found Leathal Interiors and Leatherseats.com.

Today I shot an email off to Lethal and he responded very quickly. Though he can do exact replicas it looks like the seat covers I opt for will not be all white nor leather. He told me of a high quality vinyl he uses that looks just like leather and lasts much longer. I may decided to get white with houndstooth insets, either black or orange. I have some time to decide. Good thing is he does the embroidering too.

It's tough to get non-identical seats in a car that hasn't been modified in any other way. Folks like you and I will know what is factory and what isn't. Most will see the car and whether they like it or not, not knowing what is factory and what isn't or just not caring. The car I'm getting is not going to win any awards this year, it needs some work, so I'm not so worried about it - just need replacement seat covers to get me through the next year or two.

RPO code on my car says white leather and that's what it has. Someday it will again. Maybe.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:16 PM

Check with Lethal Interiors, he only does F body interiors for a living. He quoted me far less for seats, though he did say vinyl would be much cheaper than leather but more durable. In going to go that route when I get some other more important fixes done first.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:12 AM

Thanks Not Dave, will do.

Ive got to finish finding all of the ghosts in the machine first. After sitting for years with a bad transmission and fuel pump, there are new things every day that I need to fix. Sooner or later I'll be able to focus on looks.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:26 PM

Do any of you guys know whether the all-white leather was the premium option versus the houndstooth? I thought it was. I bought my Z28 new in '97 and can't recall (my seats are all-white leather - in need of replacement).

The reason I ask is I was told today that the houndstooth may have originally cost more -- I was offered either one for the same price.

Just trying to decide whether to go with a new look or stay with the original. Thanks in advance if anyone knows for sure.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Administrator

The Camaro White Book shows:

Z4C - 30th Anniversary Edition - $575.00 - 4,533 units
-white houndstooth/leather - 1,412 units
-white leather - 3,121 units

It does not show a premium cost for either interior.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:56 PM

Thanks Fred...

I think I have my original paperwork and window sticker in a manila folder somewhere, along with a brochure -- I'll try to dig it up and see if there's a cost listed for the white leather. This morning I found a low res brochure pic online stating the following:

Houndstooth Interior
Shades of 1969. This special interior is an exclusive feature of the 30th Anniversary edition. All-white leather-accented seats are optional.

So I’d assume Chevy considered the all-white as an upgrade. I guess I just have to decide whether I'd like the houndstooth look or not for my replacements.

Cheers...RD
Old 09-28-2014, 07:49 PM

I saw someone online somewhere (old timers disease) that said the houndstooth was the option to the standard all leather. Don't know if that was the case. Mine is all leather, I'd rather have the houndstooth.

Like bunkie my seats have to wait for other upgrades. They haven't split yet, just a matter of time.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:09 PM

Thanks for your opinion, Not Dave. I also kinda like the houndstooth - mainly to give the car a fresh appearance after 17 years.

In my case it's only the driver's seat that's torn up, tho' - the others are just a bit worn and dirty. Today I spent some time cleaning them up and was surprised at the results. I may be able to get away with replacing just the front 2 (which would mean going with all white).
Old 09-29-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by spiritguitar
In my case it's only the driver's seat that's torn up, tho' - the others are just a bit worn and dirty. Today I spent some time cleaning them up and was surprised at the results. I may be able to get away with replacing just the front 2 (which would mean going with all white).
I'm leaning the same way. The rear seats are in good condition (not new but close enough after 17 years) so I may just have the fronts done in all white also. When I can afford it I'll check back with P. Dion at Lethal Interiors. If I only do the fronts I'll get them in all white vinyl to match the rear. If I do the rear I may go with orange inserts (custom) or B/W houndstooth inserts identical to what was an option in 1997.

This was a response to my inquiry about 30th Anniversary seats on Sept 10:

Hello Dave,

Genuine leather is very expensive and most of the time people don't want to put out that kind of money. They usually go with the Hampton Vinyl which is an OEM factory Camaro vinyl which is very durable and will last. It is not cheap shiny vinyl like most people think of when you mention that word. It has the matte finish with the grainy look of leather. All of my customers love it and I never have any problems out of it.
I do work for all the guys/gals on the car forums such as LS1tech.com and thirdgen.org as well. You will see many good reviews about my work on those sites.
You can get the complete set front and rear including the embroidery for $499. Let me know what you think and I will get back with you. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Thanks, P. Dion
Lethal Interiors Automotive Upholstery
850-382-1077

And:

Whenever you decide your ready, just let me know. Right now I am booked through the end of November, so keep that in mind once you get close to wanting to do something because I get emails and orders almost on a daily basis. If you wanted to do hounds tooth centers or solid orange, I can do that as well. It would be $45 more for either one of those.
I do understand other things need to be fixed first, so that's not a problem. You just let me know when your ready. I appreciate your reply. Thanks and have a great day!

Princess Dion
http:/www.lethalinteriors.com