Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

1995 1LE questions

Old 08-23-2009, 03:53 AM

1995 1LE questions

I am one of the original 106 people to order a 1LE back in 1995. I ordered it through Mahoney Chevrolet in Indianapolis. It was Medium Quasar Blue, with a monochromatic roof and Gray interior. 2 questions... Does anyone know the break down by color for this particular auto? Since the car was built on an as ordered basis, it would be neat to see which color combo was the rarest. (I doubt it was blue) ALSO, and this is a big one for me. My car DID NOT come with the fog lamp delete grills. IT WAS JUST 2 EMPTY HOLES THERE. When I discussed this with the dealer back in 1995, they assured me that EVERYTHING that came with the car, was prepped on the car before delivery. My car had 6 miles on it when I took delivery too. Does anyone with info of the 1995 1LE know of others that didn't get the grill pieces???
Old 08-23-2009, 08:23 PM

my 1le had them on. I wish i could find the break downs of the years with the 1le's. Id like to know how many meduim patriot red metallic's there r
Old 08-23-2009, 11:02 PM

I've never seen a breakdown of the colors of 1LE for '95. You could try emailing customer service on chevrolet.com and asking them. Maybe they'll release some never before released production data.

All I know is 106 1LEs were made. The earliest color breakdown I have for 1LE is from '97

I think it's odd the grills didn't come on your car. The V6 cars ordered without fog lights had those, and your 1LE should have had them. I checked all of my pics I have of 1LEs and they all have the grills.

If you have some great shots of your car, I'd like to use them on my site, assuming your car is still 100% factory original.

I would say the car being Medium Quasar Blue and 1LE makes it very rare... Maybe not the rarest 1LE, but the majority of them were likely red, black, silver, polo green, and white.

Do you have anything from when you bought your car that discusses the 1LE package? Anything such as a limitation on what color you could get your Camaro in and have the 1LE package? GM sadly did a lot of limitations on colors back then. Mystic Teal always got the short end of the stick from '96 to '01, so they may not have offered it with 1LE package, and the same goes for Dark Purple. If that's true, then based on production numbers, Medium Quasar Blue would be the most likely rarest color.

They only made 6,384 Quasar Blue Camaros in '95 which was the second lowest production color that year. That's a lot of blue Camaros, but if there were only 106 1LEs, I'd imagine only 10 to 15 were blue.

Since I haven't started the 1LE section of my site, I haven't looked through a lot of my stuff. Maybe I'll find something in the future in my junk, but I'm 95% sure I don't have a production breakdown...
Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 AM

Re: 1995 1LE questions

Found a picture with my car NEW back in 1995 without the delete grills. Again, this is the way it came (I added the stripe). The dealer was like "Thats the way it came off the truck" and since they'd never sold a 1LE before I just took it anyway. basically there are 2 holes there and it looks like something is missing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1544933...in/photostream

Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 AM

It's possible that the 1LE grills were supposed to be installed by the dealer. I'm not positive, but I believe the front license plate bracket was that way; the cars came with the bracket in the trunk and the holes were supposed to be drilled. Again, not positive.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:18 PM

Well I asked them that at delivery and they swore up and down that there were no grills delivered with the car. I'm pretty strict about such little things. I asked more than once too, but eventually you gotta pick your battles. It's possible since it was at the tail end of the model year, they simply sent it out without out them. A friend of my father's was the salesman who sold me the car so he had no reason to not make me happy with the purchase. He recently went out of his way to help me locate it to buy it back. I tend to believe that it was shipped without them. As for the license plate bracket, it was in the trunk wrapped in plastic if my memory serves me.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by ranger_randy
Well I asked them that at delivery and they swore up and down that there were no grills delivered with the car. I'm pretty strict about such little things. I asked more than once too, but eventually you gotta pick your battles. It's possible since it was at the tail end of the model year, they simply sent it out without out them. A friend of my father's was the salesman who sold me the car so he had no reason to not make me happy with the purchase. He recently went out of his way to help me locate it to buy it back. I tend to believe that it was shipped without them. As for the license plate bracket, it was in the trunk wrapped in plastic if my memory serves me.
I recently bought back this car and all my info was still in it after 16 years and yes, the license plate bracket was still in its original plastic in the trunk. Still don't know why I never got my delete grills. I recently took the car back to the dealer where I bought it and showed them and they again said what they told me in 1995, that if it came with them, they would have put them on for delivery if they weren't already on the car... which they weren't. Oh well.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM

I am 99% positive I have a set NIB in my garage if you are interested.