Rockin' Car Audio System Kenwood/Infinity/Kicker

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 05:39 AM

Rockin' Car Audio System Kenwood/Infinity/Kicker

I'm getting a new ride soon, and am regrettably parting with a most excellent system that fits any Camaro/Firebird like a glove. All you need is installation to be rocking & rolling.

Components include:
- Kenwood Excelon CD/MP3 model KDC-X559. Features original remote, Sirius Satellite radio, flip-down face, and scrolling ID track tags for MP3 & satellite radio.
- Sirius Satellite Receiver model KTC-SR902
- 2 pairs 6.5" Infinity Reference midrange speakers model 63.5i (75W RMS; 225W Peak)
- 1 pair 4" Infinity Reference tweeters model 42.5i (50W RMS; 150W Peak)
- 1 10" Infinity Perfect 10 VQ subwoofer (400W RMS; 1600W Peak)
- custom 10" subwoofer box (snugly fits above rear driver side wheel well)
- 4 channel Kicker midrange Amp KX650.4 (120W RMS @ 4ohms)
- 1 channel Kicker subwoofer Amp KX400.1 (200W RMS @ 4ohms)
- Audiopipe 1.0 Farad High Performance Capacitor model CAP-100 with digital display (keeps your battery from draining)
- all hi-gauge fuses + custom deck for easy rear hatch mounting (won't eat into your T-Tops spot)

I am selling all as a package, or will divide if you already have a head unit and only want the speakers + amps.

Reply to this post with general ?'s or send a Private Message for price.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:35 AM

Re: Rockin' Car Audio System Kenwood/Infinity/Kicker

how much for the kicker amps? are they the new models? email some pics to cleanaplus@aol.com
Old 07-17-2005, 07:37 AM

another question. do you have the owners manuals. could you meet me in cincinatti if i'm interested? thanks.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:03 PM

Yes, they are the newer style amps and I still have the instruction manuals.

Here are a couple links for specifics...

KX650.4

KX400.1

I sent over a pic to your email.

thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 06:39 AM

i hope your not asking 1400.00 just for the amps and capacitor. i buy them new wholesale for about 400.00 for everything.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:44 AM

you might be able to sell them on ebay, but you won't even get close off what your asking. i've been trying to sell my planet audio amp, seems like no ones interested in used stereo equipment these days.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:26 PM

I won't be selling my items for pennies on the dollar at ebay. I don't trust some of the shady sellers there who knowingly post hot or refurbished items. It's also hard to demand a refund when you buy stuff that way.

You asked how much for the amps+speakers package, so that price is not just for 2 amplifiers. That price is for 7 speakers, 1 sub box, 2 amps, fuses, capacitor, and deck mount.

Here's how I figured the price...

2 pairs 6.5" Infinity 63.5i (Retail $220; Sell for $150)
1 pair 4" Infinity 42.5i (Retail $85; Sell for $40)
1 10" Infinity Perfect 10 VQ (Retail $250; Sell for $150)
1 10" Camaro Sub Box (Retail $120; Sell for $100)
4 channel Kicker amp KX650.4 (Retail $500; Sell for $250)
1 channel Kicker amp KX400.1 (Retail $350; Sell for $200)
Audiopipe CAP-100 (Retail $50; Sell for $50)
fuses+custom deck (Retail $120; Sell for $100)
=============================================
TOTAL (Retail $1725; Sell for $1040)
Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 PM

would you be interested in trading both amps for my planet audio 2000 watt amp and 15" 3000 watt planet audio sub. i sent some pics of it to you. i need a smaller amp.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:23 PM

i'll give you $300.00 for the amps and capacitor. i need to know something by the end of this week. i plan on buying something before next week. i can meet in cincy.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:29 PM

How do you want for all of it? Also, do you have pictures of the setup? I'd really like to see the sub box and amp rack. PM me if you want. Maybe we can get something rolling. THanks.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:33 AM

Here's a link to pictures of the Amps, Deck and Speakers.

You'll notice some minor modifications done to the sub box to accommodate for it's massive 30lb magnet. It still fits the wheel well snugly.

For the whole lot (incl. head unit & Siruis receiver), I'm looking to get about $1250. That's about $800 less than what you'd pay retail (not including tax & shipping).
Old 07-23-2005, 06:40 PM

Nobody wants to buy this stuff? Too bad... it's a great deal. I've knocked $50-$250 off of each item's retail price. I bought everything brand new (not off ebay) from online sites like cardomain & etronics... only used it for about 9 months. If you'd rather settle for the Bose Monsoon crap that comes stock, then go ahead.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:43 PM

dude your prices are way off! if you look at what $$ your asking as opposed to most online sites, man its cheaper to buy brand new. in case anyone actually cares to know most car audio products carry a 50 to 60% mark up. so if "retail" price is 200 then it actually costs anywhere from $80-120. buying online you can find many sites that will sell at a considerablly lower $ due to them not having to pay for stores, employees, advertising...etc. so if you really want to move your system.......lower your prices to make it reasonable to purchase used equip. also im curious why does your box not have a full enclosure for the sub... back pressure is a key component in creating a solid bass "hit". just asking??
Old 08-21-2005, 02:30 PM

I thought this thread was dead, but since you have ?'s & suggestions...

Let me start by saying that I've been buying all of my electronics (car & home) off the net since 1998... probably bought at least 35 different A/V components over the years.

The 'retail' prices I'm talking about are NOT msrp's from stores like Crutchfield or Circuit City. The stuff I buy is usually for the lowest prices on the net. I do a price comparison from sites like bizrate, dealtime, shopping.com, etc. The 'retail' prices I listed were the lowest prices on the net when I bought this system new in June 2004. I am totally eating all of the separate shipping charges. I discounted the prices I originally paid to take into consideration 10 months of use, and everything has been sitting in my closet since 4/10.

If you think my discounted used prices are too high, then don't buy it. I think they're totally reasonable - especially considering what you'd pay new.

I am not in a hurry to 'move' this system. I frickin' love it. If it fit my new car better, I wouldn't be selling it.

Lastly, the box was cut to fit the wheel well.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Blazing
I thought this thread was dead, but since you have ?'s & suggestions...

Let me start by saying that I've been buying all of my electronics (car & home) off the net since 1998... probably bought at least 35 different A/V components over the years.

The 'retail' prices I'm talking about are NOT msrp's from stores like Crutchfield or Circuit City. The stuff I buy is usually for the lowest prices on the net. I do a price comparison from sites like bizrate, dealtime, shopping.com, etc. The 'retail' prices I listed were the lowest prices on the net when I bought this system new in June 2004. I am totally eating all of the separate shipping charges. I discounted the prices I originally paid to take into consideration 10 months of use, and everything has been sitting in my closet since 4/10.

If you think my discounted used prices are too high, then don't buy it. I think they're totally reasonable - especially considering what you'd pay new.

I am not in a hurry to 'move' this system. I frickin' love it. If it fit my new car better, I wouldn't be selling it.

Lastly, the box was cut to fit the wheel well.
yeah, your prices are way to high. I'm currently looking for a 4 channel and a sub amp, but you're not even in the ballpark for them based of what the same exact items sell for brand new.

1 channel Kicker subwoofer Amp KX400.1 (200W RMS @ 4ohms)
$126 brand new
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-KX400-1-M...QQcmdZViewItem

4 channel Kicker midrange Amp KX650.4 (120W RMS @ 4ohms)
$205
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Model-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats $331 including shipping
You want $450 not including shipping

Quick Reply: Rockin' Car Audio System Kenwood/Infinity/Kicker