Advanced Tech Advanced tech discussion. Major rebuilds, engine theory, etc.
HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY - NOT FOR GENERAL TECH INFO

My Ultimate build

Old 08-10-2008, 06:49 PM

My Ultimate build

Some of you may know about my future financial status, some of you may not. Reguardless, im starting to plan out my "Ultimate" build. It will be based on a 96SS Impy. i chose an Impala (was gonna go with a 86-88 monte SS but its not big enough) becasue it a full frame car that can handle crazy power, it handles extremely well for a big car, its roomy and well, cuz there bad@ss..

It HAS to be able to go to the strip change the tires, adjust the suspension and run great times, change around the suspension settings and go run on a road course smacking around everything there and then put it back to "street" trim and sit and idle in rush hour traffic on the way home, or cruise all afternoon at 80mph.

For power im looking for a big inch LSX based twin turbo fuel injected motor that will make 1,500 ponies set on "KILL" and around 900-1000 for the guys that are feeling frisky at a light or hiway. id prefer a smallblock due to packaging and the heat from the turbos hindering its ability to sit in stop and go traffic. Ill use adjustable wastegates to control the power through boost with hopefully 3 settings. "Normal" will be with the wastegates fully open to basically run "on motor" . "Woah" will be at the 900-1000hp mark, what ever amount of boost will produce this power level. "KILL" will be with max boost to produce around 1,500 ponies again depending on the turbo and engine size, aswell as boost

I need your help to figure what kinda engine package im going to run. Like i said id prefer a big inch small block, hopefully around 500 cubes. If thats not big enough for what i want i can go big block. Im looking for help deciding combuination. Cam profiles, Head size and type (was thinking those arao 32v's would be INSANE on a turbo motor) , port design and angle are what im looking for help on. Aswell as turbo size, intercooler size and all that jazz.

Once i figure out what i need to do with this, i will be getting help with stuff, this will be my first major build and i dont want to make any mistakes or cost me any more moeny then it has to (dont worry my wife knows itll be 100k)..This car will be able to do everything equally excellent. and no exspense will be spared to acheive this difficult goal.

Thanks for your help guys and this will be an intresting and difficult build for me and i want input from guys who have been there.

Ever come into a thread about a build and have some craz idea that may work, well spout if off lets hear some ideas

Last edited by MY91Y84; 08-10-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Banned

you have no idea, 1500 h.p. in a tug boat car.........she will be in the ditch or around a tree before you get to the track.

I would just build a little 400 h.p. motor and see how you like that first. and If I was going to spend an unlimited amount of money I sure as hell wouldn't put it in an impala.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Banned

well I see why noone replied to it now.....

Good luck with the project.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
well I see why noone replied to it now.....

Good luck with the project.

Meaning?..

i never posted in there for the reason that have been said..if you werent in the "crowd" noone cared what you said. Ive learned a lot in the years ive been here and i want to put it to use..i know theres some smart guys here still and i was hoping i could get some insight
Old 08-10-2008, 10:00 PM

I gotta agree with mdacton, 1500 hp is a **** ton of power. I would think you would want to try something milder first to get used to the power.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MY91Y84
Meaning?..

i never posted in there for the reason that have been said..if you werent in the "crowd" noone cared what you said. Ive learned a lot in the years ive been here and i want to put it to use..i know theres some smart guys here still and i was hoping i could get some insight
I mean your asking a very basic question........

You need alot more basic knowledge before you just ask b/c noone will answer.

Also how much power have you had before?

you can't just jump behind 1500 h.p. you can't just jump behind 5-600 h.p.

Didn't mean it in a bad way......Its just a vauge question, now if you had asked a specific question about the engine or a part etc. you will get answers. But a "how can I make 1500 h.p.?" no cigar

There isn't anyone on this site that makes that much power. A damn pro stock don't make that much power
Old 08-10-2008, 10:06 PM

I find this thread amusing. Guy doesn't even realize what 1500hp will do on slicks and a track much less 1000hp on street tires at a light. Save your $$ man and build a street car or a drag car and don't waste the $$ on an impala. 100k would be better invested elsewhere I just sold a blown 383 making just over 500 off the bottle and over 650 on the bottle. It was a PITA to drive on the street and in all honesty it was not fun to drive anymore. Do more research and build a drag car if you want but build something capable of holding the power you plan to put to it.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 PM

Go down to Chevy Dealer, Buy 2008 Z06.. Call Vortech, Order Supercharger.. Enjoy life...

Seriously man, thats once EXPENSIVE project.. 1,500 HP????? How did you come up with that number?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 PM

1500hp in a street driven impala.. when you wrap it around a tree take a pic and be sure to post it here.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 PM

I forgot to add that no matter how well you build that engine and how expensive the parts are that you put in it. It will need to be tore down and rebuilt very often.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by robvas
1,500 hp?

You better have about...$75,000 if not $100,000

from the advanced tech thread:

this will be my first major build and i dont want to make any mistakes or cost me any more moeny then it has to (dont worry my wife knows itll be 100k)..
Old 08-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oneslowz28
I forgot to add that no matter how well you build that engine and how expensive the parts are that you put in it. It will need to be tore down and rebuilt very often.
I have quite a few friends at the 1000h.p. mark and they have to tear them apart after every race most of the time just b/c you can't risk a small problem taking out a 80k motor.

We have one guy witha 632 we did with a 850 hit on it runs in the 7's........We have pulled it out after every event this year. Its a huge pita, I think the guy just wants a 540 with a 300 hit on it for next year b/c this thing is such a hassle. He might be making 1200 or so....I don't know, at orlando world street he was in heavy@ 3500# and went 182mph.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:18 PM

There is at least one TT LSx b-body build underway which I think comes close to your wishes. Best thing you can do is wait for it to be done then contact the guy and find out what he would do the same and maybe more importantly do differently. The guy would not want me to post his name but once it is done the cat will be out of the bag, and he is someone I trust to be able to admit his mistakes, not a lot of guys can.

I do however agree with the above posts that you have no idea what you are looking to get into, half that power is going to be hard to control on the street on slicks. A 400rwhp car even a heavy one in average weather will run low 12s without a "drag" suspension setup. I run handling shocks on my car and manage to run 11s in good weather with something around 400rwhp after a 150 mile drive to the track.

Point being you really do not need a rediculous amount of power to ET well.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:21 PM

Can you imagine cooling a 1000 hp engine on a daily drive and 40+ sec stops at red lights? Not gonna happen. That thing might make it 2 miles before it melts some rings.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oneslowz28
Can you imagine cooling a 1000 hp engine on a daily drive and 40+ sec stops at red lights? Not gonna happen. That thing might make it 2 miles before it melts some rings.
if that.....then put a turbo on it too...

I will say going to alky, I have seen a car run without water at 15:1 and 45 of timing and it was cool enough to put your hand on after. My 383 will get up to 210 after a pass.....that with fans and water wide open from the time it starts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Ultimate build