Advanced Tech Advanced tech discussion. Major rebuilds, engine theory, etc.
HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY - NOT FOR GENERAL TECH INFO

LT1 Going Carbed

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM

LT1 Going Carbed

(Looks like this may be a dead forum but here it goes)

I have most of the stuff already to do it but I need opinions/guidance on the intake.

1. Which intake: Super Victor or Victor Jr.?
2. Mod the intake or drill the heads for the bolt pattern? I am leaning toward drilling the heads as that is something I could probably do myself but I have not read or heard much of folks taking this route.

Please don't turn this into an EFI vs. Carb thread. I have read my share of them and made my decision.

This will be a stock bottom end build (only 64k miles) with either a LE2 or AI200 top end.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:48 PM

Re: LT1 Going Carbed

Yup...Dead forum. RIP
Old 11-24-2013, 07:52 AM

Sorry about that This was never a busy forum, even in the good old days.
I would say Vic Jr. and spot the holes rather than mess up the heads. If you are getting heads ported, maybe have those guys correct the manifold for you.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Yes, it is deceased - RIP. If you read the stickies, you would know this:

NOTICE: What this forum is for, and what it is NOT for. PLEASE READ!

This forum has basically outlived it's usefulness. Most of what is being posted here doesn't belong here. We're tired of moving these posts to the correct forum. From this point forward posts that do not belong here will simply be locked.

I've asked Jason and Chris for several years to delete this forum, with no luck.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Yes, it is deceased - RIP. If you read the stickies, you would know this:

I've asked Jason and Chris for several years to delete this forum, with no luck.
Stickies Schmickies. Why should I read them???

I wouldn't delete the forum but maybe lock it. There has to be some good historical knowledge that can be searched and recalled.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:23 PM

I installed a Gen 1 motown single plane intake on my LT1 (1997 - MM6 trans-SS).
I drilled the head on the center area. Made a templace to locate the holes. Center punched and drilled/ taped. Also, I had to fabricate angled spacers for the LT1 head on all other mounts. I think a 15 degree angle. I turned some alum spacers and cut @ 15 deg angle. I used 3/8-16 bolts cut down. Some of the holes on the manifold were relocated. I drilled and fabricated plates to cover the additional hole area.

Also, the water feature on the manifold was cut off. Holes were plugged. I retained the LT1 water pump. I have AFR heads.

The manifold featured a 4150 flange. ALso, I used a plug on the dist mount. I don't know how you will dive your ignition.
The intake I used is sold by Accell... ProRam. It is a world castings intake. But, I think they have re-designed their piece. The new casting includes a continuous water neck feature. I have te old style. I think Summit sells some intakes with the seperate water intake feature. This is easy to modify in my opinion.

I don't run a caburator, but, fabricated my own intake duct and use a tpis monoblade TBody. I use a modified opti-spark. It is working OK. The Gen 1 cooling feature had to go for TB clearance.

I am still injected. FI app (F1A Procharger).

It does flow air much better than the LT1 log type manfold. Of course, this is my opinion.

I hope this helps you. B.