3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Ls1 swap/ where to find parts ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 04:57 PM

Ls1 swap/ where to find parts ?'s

Hey guys! Been a long time for me since I've been around. Have an 89 iroc. Was thinking about putting in my rebuild 383 strokers with mini ram back in the car but have decided on doing an ls1 swap and selling the 383. Basically looking for good links to write ups about the swap. Good bad ugly! Anything can help.

Other questions since my search hasn't gone well are looking for parts. Basically interior parts. A stock, leather steering wheel, I know those can be costly so would anyone have a reasonable source for redoing it? T-top weather stripping? A place for stock decals? I'm going to repain the car and want it to be close to stock.

Last but not least, the stock aluminum 16'in rims have a lot of oxidation on them. I had another irocz where I took the rims to a place that laser recut the finish of the time. They looked brand new! Back in 2000 it cost around $75 a rim. Anyone one know of a place that does that sort of thing anymore? I want the car to look and drive like new! It hasn't been on the road in 4 yeas. I've owned it since I was 16, it's been out of the game for too long. I thing it's time to get its heart beat going again. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:41 AM

Re: Ls1 swap/ where to find parts ?'s

Hawks third gen has some of the stuff you will need.

LSx Conversion Parts - Hawks Third Generation

I dont have any links to view but have heard this is becoming a popular swap.
Alot of guys are going with 5.3 LS motors and then adding a turbo. Ls 5.3 motors are pretty cheap at the bone yards these days probably why.

Then I have also seen LS motors from 4.8 to 6.2 going in 3rd gens.